Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

MAC Seeding 2020 Men

BrooklynBull

On 2/17/2020 at 12:46 PM, Tee4three said:

The next 2 games will be huge for ub, 2-0 we can start talk of the 1 seed. 1-1 we are fighting for a bye, and 0-2 hoping to get to cleveland

The 1 seed would be a stretch even if they go 2-0 this week. Down 2 games to 2 teams with only 5 left would be tough to overcome unless UB was to go undefeated the rest of the way, which will be a very challenging thing to do. 3 or 4 seed seems very reasonable to attain, provided they can go at least 3-2 (4-1 would be a virtual lock at a top 4 seed). None of these final games will be easy, nor will any in the tournament. They just need to take it one game at a time and let the chips fall where they may from the other games.

14 hours ago, skrabukes said:

The 1 seed would be a stretch even if they go 2-0 this week. Down 2 games to 2 teams with only 5 left would be tough to overcome unless UB was to go undefeated the rest of the way, which will be a very challenging thing to do. 3 or 4 seed seems very reasonable to attain, provided they can go at least 3-2 (4-1 would be a virtual lock at a top 4 seed). None of these final games will be easy, nor will any in the tournament. They just need to take it one game at a time and let the chips fall where they may from the other games.

Agree a 3 or 4 seems within reach.

The talk of the top seed is because with a 2-0 record this week, we have games against the top 2 seeded teams. Which does give us a benefit of taking it over. Then you combine that with Frye no longer with bowling green. The talk will be there and could be done. Reasonable or likely? Probably not

2 hours ago, Tee4three said:

Agree a 3 or 4 seems within reach.

The talk of the top seed is because with a 2-0 record this week, we have games against the top 2 seeded teams. Which does give us a benefit of taking it over. Then you combine that with Frye no longer with bowling green. The talk will be there and could be done. Reasonable or likely? Probably not

It pretty much would take us winning out to get a 1 seed. And that includes BG and Akron losing to us and someone else in addition. If we win Friday the 3 is on the table.

15 minutes ago, UB85 said:

Getting a top 4 seed would be superb for everyone involved this year! We need to recruit more shooters. And earning a top 4 seed and causing some damage in the MAC tourney would go a long way in helping the coaches' recruiting efforts.

Well we've got 2 guards signed, so hopefully that is a plus in what you're looking for. 

http://verbalcommits.com/players/chanse-robinson

http://verbalcommits.com/players/josiah-freeman

Surely can never have too many shooters. Many are itching for a big man with the remaining space. My retort to that has been that we've got Fagan and Skogman added to next year's roster, so is it necessary to add another big when the 3 guys that we're losing are guards/small forwards? I'm all for just going after the best guy available, NFL draft style!

21 minutes ago, skrabukes said:

Well we've got 2 guards signed, so hopefully that is a plus in what you're looking for. 

Surely can never have too many shooters. Many are itching for a big man with the remaining space. My retort to that has been that we've got Fagan and Skogman added to next year's roster, so is it necessary to add another big when the 3 guys that we're losing are guards/small forwards? I'm all for just going after the best guy available, NFL draft style!

Agree. We should target a wing. Someone 6’5 to 6’7. A Jeenathan or Harris type. But best available for sure

Edited by DooleyBull06

20 minutes ago, skrabukes said:

I'm looking for another mobile big man. Probably going to have to be a JUCO, but can you imagine UB with Mballa and a 6' 7" to 6" 9" 240 lb? Good guards are great, but have to have an enforcer.

8 minutes ago, NYS Bulls said:

Even with 5 more wins, 8 straight, UB doesn't even control it's own destiny for the 3 seed, let alone 1 seed. 

They'll need some help to dig out of the 4/5 seed area. 

BG and Akron play each other one more time. Both teams still play us one more time. If we win out we can shoot as high as a 2 seed. And would need the winner of the Akron/BG game to lose one more game along the way. 

Example: Akron beats BG. We win out, which includes beating both Akron and BG. We would be the 2 seed over BG and still need Akron to lose one more game to even their record with ours. We would have the tiebreaker. Of course with this scenario I’m banking that NIU will trip over themselves along the way as well.

I think this makes sense and is accurate.

14 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

BG and Akron play each other one more time. Both teams still play us one more time. If we win out we can shoot as high as a 2 seed. And would need the winner of the Akron/BG game to lose one more game along the way. 

Example: Akron beats BG. We win out, which includes beating both Akron and BG. We would be the 2 seed over BG and still need Akron to lose one more game to even their record with ours. We would have the tiebreaker. Of course with this scenario I’m banking that NIU will trip over themselves along the way as well.

I think this makes sense and is accurate.

all possible, but need help. NIU would have to lose in that situation. Tied with them and another team will bring our tiebreaker down. If tied with BG/NIU we would lose to both and stay in that 4 seed.

Either way, need some help and isn't control our own destiny

Edited by NYS Bulls
  • Like 1

So long as we get a 1-4 seed, it doesn't make tons of difference to me where we land up. No matter which spot it is, it will require 3 wins in Cleveland, with no easy games regardless of seed number. Just win some games down the stretch and be in position to only need 3 wins versus 4 and then play lights out from Thursday - Saturday!

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, skrabukes said:

So long as we get a 1-4 seed, it doesn't make tons of difference to me where we land up. No matter which spot it is, it will require 3 wins in Cleveland, with no easy games regardless of seed number. Just win some games down the stretch and be in position to only need 3 wins versus 4 and then play lights out from Thursday - Saturday!

Agree. Two things I think at this point...1) we aren’t going to win out. We will lose a game at some point. And I think that’s a good thing. 2) we are in fight mode until the season is over. We want a 4 seed or better. I think the players feel it and can see the light at the end of the tunnel. And because of that every game feels like an elimination game. And going into the tournament I like how that could prepare us mentally. Right now, win or lose, is when you want to start peeking and round into shape. The last 3 games have given me that optimism that we are and have. 

• Like 1

On 2/20/2020 at 3:28 PM, NYS Bulls said:

Even with 5 more wins, 8 straight, UB doesn't even control it's own destiny for the 3 seed, let alone 1 seed. 

They'll need some help to dig out of the 4/5 seed area. 

This is not correct. They have always controlled their destiny for the 3 seed. Same amount of losses as NIU and we play them again