Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

MAC Seeding 2020 Men

BrooklynBull

I rather play a top seed as soon as possible. Fresh legs, maybe catch them nervous in an early round bc they are the “favorite” and more importantly perhaps it raises our energy and focus playing a top seed sooner. But none of it matters if we don’t raise our game. We have to be more consistent. I don’t see us losing if we have to play Monday at Alumni and I can see us getting to the semis. From then on it’s a crap shoot.

5 hours ago, DooleyBull06 said:

I rather play a top seed as soon as possible. Fresh legs, maybe catch them nervous in an early round bc they are the “favorite” and more importantly perhaps it raises our energy and focus playing a top seed sooner. But none of it matters if we don’t raise our game. We have to be more consistent. I don’t see us losing if we have to play Monday at Alumni and I can see us getting to the semis. From then on it’s a crap shoot.

I'd much rather always avoid the top team(s) and hope they get upset. It's the motto to March Madness for me

12 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

This tournament should be an Akron vs Bowling Green collision course. Should be.

Well, make your bets then. I wouldn’t bet anything. Why? This is a total crapshoot. Does that mean the Bulls will win? No. Could they win? Yes. Who will win? We’ll find out in ten days.

Just now, squire17 said:

Well, make your bets then. I wouldn’t bet anything. Why? This is a total crapshoot. Does that mean the Bulls will win? No. Could they win? Yes. Who will win? We’ll find out in ten days.

Hence why I said should be. This conference is wide open. If I had to place a bet I’d bet Akron. But any team can beat any team on any night.

This years tournament is wide open, we have as good a shot as anyone

As a college basketball fan its going to be awesome

I don't think akron wins it, in my opinion they are too dependant on Lcj. Think with a more physical game he will wear down with consecutive games

I do think it is Bowling Greens to lose but wouldn't be surprised if a team like ball state or eastern Michigan pull it out

1 hour ago, Kevin said:

Looking like UB vs EMU right now

EMU - NIU - Akron - BG

WOW. 

What a path. 

UB is 2-4 against that

You just listed 3 of the top 4 seeds, which is literally what every team outside the top 4 has to go through. 

9 minutes ago, UB05 said:

You just listed 3 of the top 4 seeds, which is literally what every team outside the top 4 has to go through. 

That’s why you need to be in the top 4 and not lose to EMU or Ohio. 

It’s the teams in those seeds I’m referring to. I just listed the finals for the entire path. 

Playing NIU/Akron is a much harder path to the finals than BSU/BG.

Kent in the 6 has a better path. that was the point. 

Edited by Kevin

4 minutes ago, Kevin said:

That’s why you need to be in the top 4 and not lose to EMU or Ohio. 

It’s the teams in those seeds I’m referring to. I just listed the finals for the entire path. 

Playing NIU/Akron is a much harder path to the finals than BSU/BG.

that was the point. 

We beat 3 of the 4 of those teams (the top 4), and lost to northern by 1 in a game we should’ve had. Sorry I’m not sharing your doom and gloom after going into bowling green and winning on their senior night

Edited by UB05

1 minute ago, UB05 said:

We beat 3 of the 4 of those teams, and lost to northern by 1 in a game we should’ve had. Sorry I’m not sharing your doom and gloom after going into bowling green and winning on their senior night

They’ve lost 3 straight to NIU. 

I heavily preferred BSU 

All we can do is play who is up next and survive and advance. We have 2 days to prep for a 3rd meeting with Miami. At home. No excuses we should win. Then we would have 2 days to refresh and prep for NIU. In Cleveland is where things get interesting. Let’s hope winning 6 of 8 to close the season has prepared us for what’s coming. MAC is wide open so why not us.

Edited by DooleyBull06
  • Like 1

Got on to barttorvik.com to see odds for game against Miami, only to find out we were underdogs

image.png.9b2172510e3db10ad2cb085be98b04c9.png

Then I looked closer, and noticed that Miami FL is our opponent!  😄

I am guessing there will be a correction soon!

Checked massey.com -- that is more like it!

image.png.73634b4ce6a8fe38c548c6e13d8ebc66.png

Edited by DocCas86