Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

MAC Seeding 2020 Men

BrooklynBull

8 hours ago, UBlearns said:

Potential is still there for the bye to Cleveland.  

UB has Miami at home, and @ Bowling Green.  Ball State has Central at home and @ NIU.  UB should beat Miami at home.  Kent has BG at home and @ Akron.  If UB takes care of business against Miami, they have to be in the driver's seat for the 4-seed.  Not a guarantee, but the odds-on favorite.

I agree that winning at home improves chances at four seed.  That said goal should be to win both games so that team builds some momentum for tournament.

• Like 2

Welp, with the bye in the balance of now beating BG on senior night when they are 8-0 at home and having BSU losing to NIU who they beat already this season.

Also the worst part is that it would kick NIU to the 4, setting up a matchup of UB vs NIU if they can get by Miami.

Akron closed the game on a 28-6 run to beat Ohio, something UB wasn't able to do.

Kent now clinched the tiebreaker on UB too, so if they lose, they can drop to the 6 seed with a loss and Kent win. They went 2-0 against Akron and we would be 1-1 in tied situations. 

Akron and BG will not be playing for anything with the 1 and 2 locked up with no movement. 

Edited by Kevin

6 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Akron is the number 1 seed and regular season champs. Auto bid to the NIT if they fail to win the tournament.

I fail to see how. 

If they lose to Kent, and BG beats UB. BG would be 2-0 against UB and they are 1-1. They'd also have the same MACE record at 6-4. 

They have the same record against BSU/NIU/Kent. 

I think they are wrong. I have no idea how they come up with the tiebreaker.

Edited by Kevin

Just now, Kevin said:

I fail to see how. 

If they lose to Kent, and BG beats UB. BG would be 2-0 against UB and they are 1-1. 

They literally just celebrated and cut down nets. The game was on CBSSN

4 minutes ago, Kevin said:

I fail to see how. 

If they lose to Kent, and BG beats UB. BG would be 2-0 against UB and they are 1-1. They'd also have the same MACE record at 6-4. 

https://twitter.com/MACSports/status/1235032443155083265?s=20

1 minute ago, DooleyBull06 said:

They literally just celebrated and cut down nets. The game was on CBSSN

I saw it. 

I'm just confused which tiebreaker they won.

1. Between TWO teams:
A. Head-to-head competition - Tied

B. Division Record (10 games)^ - Tied at 6-4 if Akron loses and BG wins

C. Winning percentage* vs. ranked conference teams (top to bottom, regardless of division, vs. common opponents regardless of the number of times played) - UB breaks this tie...

D. Coin flip

37 minutes ago, Kevin said:

As I broke down. No one knows the MAC tiebreakers like me. I’ve spent wayyyyyy too much time talking about them. 

So what you’re saying is that we can play spoiler lol. Again pretty foolish of Akron to cut down nets. I hope that jinxes them. I wasn’t questioning just going by what the announcers were saying and the cutting of the nets.

If the Bulls lose, they need Ball St to lose to N Illinois AND Kent St to lose to Akron. Otherwise, if they lose they will play at AA on Monday.

If the Bulls win, they can ignore the Kent St/Akron game but MUST have N Illinois beat Ball St. Otherwise, the Bulls will be back on Monday at AA.

47 minutes ago, squire17 said:

If the Bulls lose, they need Ball St to lose to N Illinois AND Kent St to lose to Akron. Otherwise, if they lose they will play at AA on Monday.

If the Bulls win, they can ignore the Kent St/Akron game but MUST have N Illinois beat Ball St. Otherwise, the Bulls will be back on Monday at AA.

If they win, why would Ball state need to lose?  Would they lose the tiebreaker they currently have?

33 minutes ago, Gxtrex said:

If they win, why would Ball state need to lose?  Would they lose the tiebreaker they currently have?

It would make a 3-way tie with BSU and NIU. Ball State has the best record against the other two, so they get the 3 seed. Then NIU beat us so they get 4th and we get 5th.

Edited by skrabukes

I have the chance of a bye right now around 35% based on the probabilities of each game.

I have it around 4% that they’d end up as the 6th seed, which id prefer to the doomsday scenario of winning but still getting a Miami/Emu - NIU -Akron path as the 5 seed 

the 6 seed could be WMU-Ball-BG which i would like a lot more 

Edited by Kevin
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Kevin said:

I have the chance of a bye right now around 35% based on the probabilities of each game.

I have it around 4% that they’d end up as the 6th seed, which id prefer to the doomsday scenario of winning but still getting a Miami/Emu - NIU -Akron path as the 5 seed 

the 6 seed could be WMU-Ball-BG which i would like a lot more 

I was thinking the same thing with regard to the 6 seed, however I'd still rather go into the tournament off of a couple of wins than going in with a bad mindset of dropping to 6 with a loss (combined with other school's results), even if it means a seemingly more challenging path.