Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Ball State @ Buffalo (2/18 - 7pm)

Jeseph

5 hours ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Let’s hope that over the last two games, games in which we’ve jumped out to leads and had to close out games, we’ve learned and grown and are now a team that won’t squander leads bc of inconsistency. That said we need to contain their big man. He killed us both inside and outside. 

Looked at the box score, Ball St was 21-29 at the rim.  That cannot happen again if the Bulls hope to win.

Edited by DocCas86

Pretty embarrassing so far with the exception of Mballa who is picking off errant shots for put backs and swatting shots while rebounding. Have no clue what the rest of the guys are doing. Grant tossing bricks along with everyone else. And Segu trying to drive through people.  Credit to Balls for the quality of their D. They’re giving a text book lesson so far. Time to turn this baby around. UB should never ever lose to these guys!!

Edited by UB85

Thank you Josh Mballa! Without him we’re down 15 or more at half. Shockingly we’re tied.  Foul trouble on Balls. Whitesell needs to devise plays to attack the two with 3 fouls in second half and the guys can not afford to sleep walk to start second. 

Edited by UB85

10 minutes ago, SGBull said:

Why isn't Hardnett seeing the court? I would rather watch him than Brock or Grant.

I’d like to see fewer guards. Hardnett and Josh would be a nice combo. Balls doing a good job of clogging high post making it difficult for dribble drive and clogging lane. But we need Josh in for 20 in second half. 

21 minutes ago, UB85 said:

I’d like to see fewer guards. Hardnett and Josh would be a nice combo. Balls doing a good job of clogging high post making it difficult for dribble drive and clogging lane. But we need Josh in for 20 in second half. 

I agree, especially when they aren't hitting 3's. Doesn't need to be a long stretch, but I would like to see a Segu-Graves-Williams-Hardnett-Mballa lineup out there for a little.

Just now, SGBull said:

Johnson is starting to live up to the hype about him being one of the better shooters to play for UB.

Hitting some nice open 3s. He’s a disaster when he forces a drive though. He just isn’t athletic or tall enough to finish inside.