Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Buffalo @ Kent St (2/21 - 7pm)

Jeseph

Win 4 in a row by beating Kent St. at Kent St. and this season gets interesting again in a hurry.

Go to their house and get shoved around again and many will lose interest again in a hurry.

What'll it be?

Kent has been suspect against strong defense scoring 54 twice (NIU/BSU) and getting drubbed 70-49 by a EMU team that's quickly getting hot with their zone defense. They also put up 87 at home against Ohio.

Defend, defend, defend, rebound. If we bring physicality to those 4 components we can right this ship.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Jeseph said:

Win 4 in a row by beating Kent St. at Kent St. and this season gets interesting again in a hurry.

Go to their house and get shoved around again and many will lose interest again in a hurry.

What'll it be?

Kent has been suspect against strong defense scoring 54 twice (NIU/BSU) and getting drubbed 70-49 by a EMU team that's quickly getting hot with their zone defense. They also put up 87 at home against Ohio.

Defend, defend, defend, rebound. If we bring physicality to those 4 components we can right this ship.

Agree totally. And limit turnovers and stay out of foul trouble. And make foul shots.

Edited by squire17
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, NYS Bulls said:

They played pretty poor at home against Kent earlier this year. The bye is on the line, I hope they show up. 

The interesting part to me is that they didn't play particularly well in that game, I agree, but the result could've been very different if Kent didn't hit two absolute prayer banked threes late.  I'm not gonna say the loss was a fluke, because Kent is a good team, but UB should be right up there with them.  I expect this game to be close either way.

2 hours ago, Jeseph said:

If people will lose interest if we lose to Kent St then I question them. I got news for those people, we are probably going to lose a game soon. It happens. Rather lose a game now than in the tournament. And I’d be shocked if we won out. Still 5 games to go. For us, for Kent, for NIU. Even if we were to lose to Kent the 4 seed is still in play. We’d need help but still on the table.

That rant said, Friday I expect a loud hostile environment. The guys will have to whether the first few minutes. If we stay composed and don’t shoot ourselves in the foot then we should be in it in the final minutes. Winnable game.

21 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

If people will lose interest if we lose to Kent St then I question them. I got news for those people, we are probably going to lose a game soon. It happens. Rather lose a game now than in the tournament. And I’d be shocked if we won out. Still 5 games to go. For us, for Kent, for NIU. Even if we were to lose to Kent the 4 seed is still in play. We’d need help but still on the table.

That rant said, Friday I expect a loud hostile environment. The guys will have to whether the first few minutes. If we stay composed and don’t shoot ourselves in the foot then we should be in it in the final minutes. Winnable game.

Exactly. Every team is going to lose in this league. They're all too tightly bunched to think otherwise. Luckily, the team has put itself in position to take care of it's own business after it's recent run of wins. Friday is going to be a war, both teams want it and could use it. Hopefully we can finish with one more point than them in the end!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Definitely!

• Jeseph pinned this topic

Pippen for Kent st may not play. Suffering from back spasms. He is suited up but not going through warmups. If he plays he may be hampered or limited. Or he could just be playing possum.

He’s out for the game. Also no Nickleberry, still suffering from a concussion.

Edited by DooleyBull06