Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

WBB - Akron @ UB

121Merrimac

14 hours ago, 121Merrimac said:

Huge battle to host a conference game.
Close game through the first 25 minutes.   Tessy goes over 900 career points. 

Another tough game for both the players and coaches who are in total shambles. Fair is a shell of the way she looked in the earlier games and as I was afraid of what has happened that after the MAC teams watched film they have doubled her and have not allowed her free rein to the basket. All the players except for Onwuka have been terrible on the offensive end and the entire team along with the coaching staff have no clue on how to fix it. When Schiffer starts the game as the point guard last night and she has been inconsistent all year it looks like we might not win another game. Why the ball was not going to Onwuka more is a mystery. No matter how good a coach is suppose to be if the players don’t perform you are going to look like a disorganized team. Will continue to support the team and hope to see some improvement and see some playing time from some players that have not got a chance to play.

4 hours ago, John said:

Will continue to support the team and hope to see some improvement and see some playing time from some players that have not got a chance to play.

The only 2 players that have not gotten a chance to play are Ocean and Zena.  I'm sure if the coaches felt that they were a step up from those on the floor, they'd already be on the floor! Had the team made their layups in the first half yesterday,  they would've won handily. Early on, it was O Reb city for UB, combined with missed layup after another. Clean it up, keep the intensity high as the first 15 min, and they can make something happen.  It's in there. It looks buried right now, but they are capable,  otherwise they wouldn't have been 9-2 early, or taken CMU to the brink. Hopefully they can pull it together over the final stretch, as it's been pretty ugly at times of late. I know that I'd never doubt Coach Jack to try to get it done. The fire is always burning.

3 hours ago, skrabukes said:

The only 2 players that have not gotten a chance to play are Ocean and Zena.  I'm sure if the coaches felt that they were a step up from those on the floor, they'd already be on the floor! Had the team made their layups in the first half yesterday,  they would've won handily. Early on, it was O Reb city for UB, combined with missed layup after another. Clean it up, keep the intensity high as the first 15 min, and they can make something happen.  It's in there. It looks buried right now, but they are capable,  otherwise they wouldn't have been 9-2 early, or taken CMU to the brink. Hopefully they can pull it together over the final stretch, as it's been pretty ugly at times of late. I know that I'd never doubt Coach Jack to try to get it done. The fire is always burning.

I do agree. I don’t doubt Coach Jack. The problem is the coaching staff can’t control these players making the smart play or putting the ball in the basket. This is an example that a coach is only as good as the players they have. When you don’t have players improve as the season goes on and in this case when the team chemistry is so out of whack these last few games it is tough to win any game. It is just speculation but how do you think the top coaches on the women’s side would do with this team?? WE can only hope this group of players along with the new recruits next year can turn into a winning team.

8 minutes ago, John said:

I do agree. I don’t doubt Coach Jack. The problem is the coaching staff can’t control these players making the smart play or putting the ball in the basket. This is an example that a coach is only as good as the players they have. When you don’t have players improve as the season goes on and in this case when the team chemistry is so out of whack these last few games it is tough to win any game. It is just speculation but how do you think the top coaches on the women’s side would do with this team?? WE can only hope this group of players along with the new recruits next year can turn into a winning team.

The team is young. Need to build more strength and endurance to complete a lengthy season. It's a grind. They'll be fine moving forward. 

1 hour ago, skrabukes said:

The team is young. Need to build more strength and endurance to complete a lengthy season. It's a grind. They'll be fine moving forward. 

Do agree that we have to have faith that something will click. It is hard to see anything changing since the entire team has regressed over the last six games with no player shooting close to any consistency except maybe Onwuka who does not get the ball enough. Another embarrassing turnout by the students around 18 or so. Let’s face it if we could not get students out the last 4/5 years with our great teams how are we going to get more students to attend?? The student culture is now down to the culture for the other local teams. Our family will continue to support our teams and hope for some improvement.