Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Akron @ Buffalo (2/29 - 2pm)

Jeseph

1 hour ago, Jeseph said:

The first of 3 must-win games if we're hoping for a bye to Cleveland.

I think going 2-1 over the last 3 should get it done. If we can beat Akron we should catch a tired Miami team next Tuesday. As that game will be their 4th game in 7 days. So a nice 2-0 homestand should put us in a good spot. 

But more importantly I just want the team to continue to improve. A big question is the status of Williams. If he doesn’t play how will that effect the lineup and rotation and who will step up? If he’s going to be out an extended period of time then we have 3 games to figure stuff out before the tournament. Let’s get back to the UB we were during our 4 game win streak. Starts with defense. 

Edited by DooleyBull06

14 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

I think going 2-1 over the last 3 should get it done. If we can beat Akron we should catch a tired Miami team next Tuesday. As that game will be their 4th game in 7 days. So a nice 2-0 homestand should put us in a good spot. 

But more importantly I just want the team to continue to improve. A big question is the status of Williams. If he doesn’t play how will that effect the lineup and rotation and who will step up? If he’s going to be out an extended period of time then we have 3 games to figure stuff out before the tournament. Let’s get back to the UB we were during our 4 game win streak. Starts with defense. 

With Kent and Ball nipping at the heals, I can’t imagine going 2-1 gets it done. The first tiebreaker beside head to head might be record against BG and Kent will be at least 1-1 against them. 

If they win only 2, you want them to be Akron and BG. So at that point; go for three. 

I think they might go 1-3 down the stretch and get the 5 or 6 seed  

32 minutes ago, NYS Bulls said:

With Kent and Ball nipping at the heals, I can’t imagine going 2-1 gets it done. The first tiebreaker beside head to head might be record against BG and Kent will be at least 1-1 against them. 

If they win only 2, you want them to be Akron and BG. So at that point; go for three. 

I think they might go 1-3 down the stretch and get the 5 or 6 seed  

CMU is lurking but we hold the tie breaker over them. As of now we have the tie breaker over Ball St. They have 2 of their final 3 on the road including at NIU. Kent St still plays Akron and BG so they could easily go 1-2 plus we are a game up on them. Barring one of those teams winning out, which I don’t see happening, 2-1 for us should get it done.

14 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

... Big big news. 

Meh. Yes, and no.  How many games has an opponent had a career game against UB so far this year?   At least 4 players over 3 games.  
I hope they still defend like all the normal starters are in the game.  Unfortunately we’ve seen mental lapses from them before. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 121Merrimac said:

Meh. Yes, and no.  How many games has an opponent had a career game against UB so far this year?   At least 4 players over 3 games.  
I hope they still defend like all the normal starters are in the game.  Unfortunately we’ve seen mental lapses from them before. 

I agree about defending. But taking away a guy that’s averaging 16 points a game, shooting 44% and grabbing 5 boards will sting. That’s like saying we won’t miss Williams if he sits out. Yea it means we still have to defend like normal but that goes without saying.

7 minutes ago, 121Merrimac said:

There’s really no debating how big it’ll be not having Cheese in the game for them. He can go off for a ton of points at any given moment so I’ll take it 

7 minutes ago, UBCourtside said:

Williams is playing it looks like. Practiced this week and looked good, but I wasn’t there. Just what I heard. Good news for sure

That’s a relief. I just hope he isn’t rushing it. I rather him be fully healthy heading in to the tournament but if he’s ready then I hope he does his thing. 

• Like 1