Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Miami @ Buffalo (3/3 - 7pm)

Kevin

1 minute ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Even when we win if feels like a loss. No life from this team in what was a big win. Ugly but big win.

Seriously the worst part is that this is the 5-12 game. 

They are 1-2 possessions different at home

And one of the things I said going into that game was that Ohio didn’t know how to close out games. Yet they did it to us. Akron now up 4 and about to close out.

22-4 run without LCJ over 12 mins is remarkable

Just now, SGBull said:

A win is a win, great  to get one on senior night.

Thank you Davonta for a great 4 years, you have been a pitbull on defense.

Echo this statement. He was the only one who showed that he cared. Came back into the game with a bum foot that was obviously hurting him. Only one that mentioned the tournament next week. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Echo this statement. He was the only one who showed that he cared. Came back into the game with a bum foot that was obviously hurting him. Only one that mentioned the tournament next week. 

Foot? Looked like cramps to me, did they show a replay? 

Good game, a win is always good. Earlier people were talking about how Miami was on an impressive run, but now that we beat them it’s “lowly Miami.” They were sneaky dirty tonight. 15 was clutching our players jerseys every time while playing D, not allowing our guys to get separation. And the coaches should be absolutely embarrassed about themselves, shouting out every time one of our players was about to take a free throw. Glad we got the W on senior night and glad Whitesell was able to sneak on all the guys with 2 seconds left 

• Like 1

He was suffering since the first half according to the announcers. No way it was cramps. All game? For a player with no history of cramps? I hope it’s just cramps. 

Hm, I didn’t notice anything in the first half. The way he went down in the 2nd I thought it was something really serious or cramps, because he couldn’t walk. Basically got carried into the locker room then ran back out to play 5 minutes later. It might not be cramps but that was the only thing I could come up with observing it 

3 minutes ago, UB05 said:

Hm, I didn’t notice anything in the first half. The way he went down in the 2nd I thought it was something really serious or cramps, because he couldn’t walk. Basically got carried into the locker room then ran back out to play 5 minutes later. It might not be cramps but that was the only thing I could come up with observing it 

Hopefully he is good to go for next week. We have no shot without him. 

• Like 1

I am not saying the game was spectacular from Bulls perspective, but the sky isn't falling either.  Let's not forget Miami shot 22-24 from free throw stripe.  If they shoot closer to season average of 71%, they score four fewer points making it a ten point victory, consistent with the barttorvik expectation.  

That said, they have to play better if they expect any success in MAC tourney.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kevin said:

It's crazy how bad on both ends his advanced statistics is. 

He's 20 for his last 70 on the floor over his last 10 games

I love his energy and the kid for sure.

He’s too small. Other guys in the MAC are shorter and more slender, but they’re quicker and have a better outside shot. Segu has been a huge liability over the last 2 months.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Epitome of this team’s IQ Johnson just purposely fouled when there’s 8 seconds left.

I think he was doing that to get the walkons in.  But you can't do that in this close of a game.  If MU made both free throws and we made a sloppy inbound (St Bonaventure anybody?), it would have turned into a heck of a finish.

21 minutes ago, squire17 said:

He’s too small. Other guys in the MAC are shorter and more slender, but they’re quicker and have a better outside shot. Segu has been a huge liability over the last 2 months.

I feel like it’s shot selection with him on offense. He needs to develop that Wes Clark mid range and pull up game. Bc sometimes he drives and gets body contact or just gets blocked. His sick handle can create space in the mid range. I feel like in the Akron game he felt he had to go one on one against LCJ. And he forced some shots offensively. His defense is a work in progress. Only a sophomore though.

Edited by DooleyBull06

3 minutes ago, rma said:

I think he was doing that to get the walkons in.  But you can't do that in this close of a game.  If MU made both free throws and we made a sloppy inbound (St Bonaventure anybody?), it would have turned into a heck of a finish.

Yea he was fouling for the subs to come in but once Jordan missed the FT he has to know not to foul. Basketball IQ. He’s a senior. The game was too close for that.

9 hours ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Yea he was fouling for the subs to come in but once Jordan missed the FT he has to know not to foul. Basketball IQ. He’s a senior. The game was too close for that.

Yup, Whitesell was screaming at Johnson after he fouled. I appreciate the gesture of Johnson fouling out to get the 2 senior walk-on teammates in the game, but he has to know Miami was going to run down the floor and chuck one up with enough time left to get them in. 

3 minutes ago, UB05 said:

Yup, Whitesell was screaming at Johnson after he fouled. I appreciate the gesture of Johnson fouling out to get the 2 senior walk-on teammates in the game, but he has to know Miami was going to run down the floor and chuck one up with enough time left to get them in. 

I totally understand Coach's displeasure, at the same time, I think that it's great that Johnson was looking out for his guys, guys who show up every day (for free, no scholarship), prepare the opponent's game in order to get the others ready to play against them. 

• Like 1

• Jeseph unpinned this topic