Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

UB Basketball Excellence Fund

Jeseph

These programs are experiencing unprecedented success and have the potential to keep building. I became a recurring donor this spring as I am finally in position to do so, if you have the means please consider doing the same.

http://bullsbwf.com/bef/

GO BULLS

To all the new donors thank you and please follow the link below. You have now become boosters of UB Athletics for the rest of your life.  With that comes restrictions and the responsibility to not violate NCAA regulations.  When in doubt about doing anything you cannot contact the Compliance Office.  Their number is on the linked page.

http://ubbulls.com/compliance/boosters

Edited by Jeseph
Link update
  • Like 3

• Jeseph featured and unfeatured this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

Please watch this video. https://www.wgrz.com/mobile/video/sports/head-coach-nate-oats-on-signing-a-contract-extension/71-b4e72afe-b2cc-46f5-8176-2abc701c48bb

Then if you feel as strongly as I do donate to the excellence fund. Whether it is $10, $100, $1,000 or $10,000 every dollar and donor is critically important. It is just one more way we can show our suppprt for what Nate has done, is doing and will do for UB basketball. The wider and deeper the support of the program the more that can be done/accomplished which makes that much more likely that we can keep Nate here long term. Go Bulls!

• Like 3

Last year, Buffalo was one of 20 schools who sent both their Men's and Women's teams to the NCAA tournament.

This year, Buffalo is one of 23 schools who are about to send both their Men's and Women's teams to the NCAA tournament.

Together, Buffalo is one of only 6 schools to send both their Men's and Women's teams to the NCAA tournament both years.

The others are; Arizona State, Florida State, Gonzaga, Syracuse and Tennessee. 

Well done UB!

• Like 3

Now is the time for everyone on here to consider making their donation to the UB Excellence Funds of these teams. They've given everyone here a great experience over the last many months. Help ensure that they have the resources to make it continue! Every dollar helps!

• Like 2

On 3/19/2019 at 10:38 PM, 121Merrimac said:

Last year, Buffalo was one of 20 schools who sent both their Men's and Women's teams to the NCAA tournament.

This year, Buffalo is one of 23 schools who are about to send both their Men's and Women's teams to the NCAA tournament.

Together, Buffalo is one of only 6 schools to send both their Men's and Women's teams to the NCAA tournament both years.

The others are; Arizona State, Florida State, Gonzaga, Syracuse and Tennessee. 

Well done UB!

How about programs that sent both teams to round of 32 for 2 straight years.

From that list, we can knock ASU, Syracuse, (since they both lost their first game) so I'm assuming it's only.

UB, FSU, Gonzaga and Tennessee.

9 hours ago, admin said:

How about programs that sent both teams to round of 32 for 2 straight years.

From that list, we can knock ASU, Syracuse, (since they both lost their first game) so I'm assuming it's only.

UB, FSU, Gonzaga and Tennessee.

It's even more elite than that.  Gonzaga's women lost last year, and the Lady Vols lost this year.

• Jeseph featured this topic
  • Jeseph unfeatured this topic
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I was just going to ask if there is an excellence fund anymore. I checked the link above and the page could not be found. Sad! Obviously someone has dropped the ball. There hasn’t been any promotion of this for two years or so. That is a huge blunder on the part of those running the show. 

I was going to post a challenge to this page that if I could get enough fans to donate 1k I’d match it. 

1 minute ago, UB85 said:

I was just going to ask if there is an excellence fund anymore. I checked the link above and the page could not be found. Sad! Obviously someone has dropped the ball. There hasn’t been any promotion of this for two years or so. That is a huge blunder on the part of those running the show. 

I was going to post a challenge to this page that if I could get enough fans to donate 1k I’d match it. 

Not sure. I know they did the UB there (or whatever it was called) with the "virtual sellouts". 

5 minutes ago, skrabukes said:

Not sure. I know they did the UB there (or whatever it was called) with the "virtual sellouts". 

It appears that a philosophy change occurred. Danny White was all about excellence. Darn certain that was his brain child. There should be a dedicated avenue promoted so each team has a direct line of support. That’s not to criticize the virtual sellouts and such. 

7 hours ago, UB85 said:

It appears that a philosophy change occurred. Danny White was all about excellence. Darn certain that was his brain child. There should be a dedicated avenue promoted so each team has a direct line of support. That’s not to criticize the virtual sellouts and such. 

I mean it literally took 2 seconds to find on the website. It is marketed pretty heavily. 🤐

1ABE4151-25A9-414F-B7BE-E058A2D38D46.jpeg

They always have fundraising arms. Interesting they’d do away with the “excellence” brand. I’d like to know who and why they chose to do away with what seemed to be working well. Regardless with the football team finishing among the the top 25 this year there is no denying that is the epitome of excellence. And if the men’s team gets the W tonight it will be just another excellent achievement. 

For me though, I’ve seen too many examples over the last several years where it seemed to me that this in charge do not share my belief in the vast potential of UB Athletics. There have instances where I’ve had conversations with several of the movers and shakers within and without the athletic office what’s the attitude was we can’t do that rather than we can and we’re going to make every effort to do so. I’ve written about this in various threads throughout these pages. My life has always been about believing nothing is out of reach with faith, relentless effort, getting your ass back up off the ground after being kicked down and finding them working with others who share the same attitude. 

With that said this thread should be deleted and replaced with a new one with the B&W fund link. 

23 hours ago, UB85 said:

They always have fundraising arms. Interesting they’d do away with the “excellence” brand. I’d like to know who and why they chose to do away with what seemed to be working well. Regardless with the football team finishing among the the top 25 this year there is no denying that is the epitome of excellence. And if the men’s team gets the W tonight it will be just another excellent achievement. 

For me though, I’ve seen too many examples over the last several years where it seemed to me that this in charge do not share my belief in the vast potential of UB Athletics. There have instances where I’ve had conversations with several of the movers and shakers within and without the athletic office what’s the attitude was we can’t do that rather than we can and we’re going to make every effort to do so. I’ve written about this in various threads throughout these pages. My life has always been about believing nothing is out of reach with faith, relentless effort, getting your ass back up off the ground after being kicked down and finding them working with others who share the same attitude. 

With that said this thread should be deleted and replaced with a new one with the B&W fund link. 

Why? The Basketball Excellence fund still exists.  The link at the top of the thread is still good.

3 hours ago, BrooklynBull said:

Why? The Basketball Excellence fund still exists.  The link at the top of the thread is still good.

That was just edited to include blue and white link as the post indicates. The predecessor link to the excellence fund was taken down at some point within that last couple of years. 

5 hours ago, UB85 said:

That was just edited to include blue and white link as the post indicates. The predecessor link to the excellence fund was taken down at some point within that last couple of years. 

It was a different link on the B&W site. Poor management by their web team but I don’t think it was a big campaign change.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...