Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

#12 Miami @ #5 Buffalo (3/9 - 7pm)

Kevin

• Jeseph pinned this topic
2 minutes ago, promotherobot said:

And here I thought that BG win locked up 4th.

It was odd because the last regular season game had #3 and #5 playing each other, with a game difference in the standings.  The #5 won, creating a tie between those teams.  We won, adding UB to the mix and since we lose the three way tie we dropped with a win.

I’m honestly a little more nervous about this game than I’m comfortable with. With UB being as inconsistent as they’ve been this year, it’s wouldn’t surprise me to see them go from beating BG on the road, to laying an egg against Miami-Ohio at home. But then again I could see them winning the MAC too. This years team just gives me some serious anxiety. Maction at its best. 

46 minutes ago, Ivantheturrible said:

I’m honestly a little more nervous about this game than I’m comfortable with. With UB being as inconsistent as they’ve been this year, it’s wouldn’t surprise me to see them go from beating BG on the road, to laying an egg against Miami-Ohio at home. But then again I could see them winning the MAC too. This years team just gives me some serious anxiety. Maction at its best. 

Totally understandable feeling. I some what expect us to come out nervous. It’s do or die now and we have guys who haven’t done it before...which is why Jordan, Graves and Mballa have to carry us. We go as they take us. And any contributions from others is welcomed but not expected. And if those 3 step up is eases the pressure on the rest. Let’s go Bulls! Just win Monday. 

28 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Totally understandable feeling. I some what expect us to come out nervous. It’s do or die now and we have guys who haven’t done it before...which is why Jordan, Graves and Mballa have to carry us. We go as they take us. And any contributions from others is welcomed but not expected. And if those 3 step up is eases the pressure on the rest. Let’s go Bulls! Just win Monday. 

Line moved to -9

Miami being 1-11 on the road is helpful. However, UB is tied for the worst home record in the MAC with Miami and Toledo (10-6)

5 seed is 16-3 against the 12 seed - lots of close games like in 2017 and 2018 though. BG made a run in 2016 to the semis.

5 seed is also 7-10 against the 4 seed

UB is 0-2 as the 5 seed against the 4 seed

1 hour ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Rest and preparation shouldn’t be a factor for tomorrow and Thursday (if we advance). Hopefully the team comes out with energy and focus. Now isn’t the time for a mental letdown. Hopefully there’s a good and loud crowd to support both teams tomorrow. Let’s go ladies and men!

No more excuses. Time to be better than 10-6 at home.

1 hour ago, UB05 said:

IMO Miami is a better draw than EMU, and I’m also thrilled we avoid Ohio unless they beat Akron to get to the semis. 

It is, but it's a worse draw than #10 WMU or #9 CMU who we matchup really well with. Miami and EMU don't score, but their defense also kills us.

9 hours ago, Kevin said:

Line moved to -9

Miami being 1-11 on the road is helpful. However, UB is tied for the worst home record in the MAC with Miami and Toledo (10-6)

5 seed is 16-3 against the 12 seed - lots of close games like in 2017 and 2018 though. BG made a run in 2016 to the semis.

5 seed is also 7-10 against the 4 seed

UB is 0-2 as the 5 seed against the 4 seed

To start, it is not possible to know true odds, but it is fun to speculate.  Also since the four five stats paint a slightly less optimistic picuture, thought I would post some more favorable ones.  😊.

In order to assume 4/5 historical stats apply this year, you would also have to have seedings to always work the same, i.e the better team is four seed.  This year, Buffalo is ranked about 30 spots higher.  Per the following link the odds are 78%, a little lower than historic 16/19 (84%) for Miami OH.  However this site gives Bulls 57% chance to beat Northern Ill.

Teamrankings.com/ncb/conference-tournaments/mid-american-bracket

Of course game has to be played on the court, so anything can happen which is both fun and frustrating aspect of sports.  Let's hope they start things off right tonight.