Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

#12 Miami @ #5 Buffalo (3/9 - 7pm)

Kevin

1 minute ago, BullsBacker23 said:

The team next year doesn’t look much better either 

I disagree, if we keep all our recruits and no one transfers out, I’d say on paper it’s the best team we’ve had. I like Williams development along with Segus and I’m high on the two freshman we have coming in. Plus Skogman. I’m excited about next years team, if everyone stays of course. 

3 minutes ago, Kevin said:

The coach defending will still be strong

I did it for you. 

1.   They lost five seniors last year.  
2.   They won 20 games.  Are you not satisfied?

3.  He did not lose a player on the roster.  
4.  He did not have a lot of time to recruit and still had a decent class. Mballa anyone?

5.  He is a nice guy. 

I kid, of course.  This is not all on the head coach.  But this is his job...he has to be able to get his guys ready to win this game.  And they were down 10 at home at half to the 12 seed.  It is an awful, awful look for this coach.  As a program, we could not afford this loss.  I am shocked and disappointed at this outcome.  I did not expect us to make the final this year, but not getting to Cleveland is real bad...even for the most ardent of JW defenders (and there are a few).  

5 minutes ago, Ivantheturrible said:

Not a good look moving forward. I’m not trying to be that guy after a bad loss, but I’m worried about our roster for next year already. Transfers, decommitments, it’s all on the table now. Let’s face it. 

Transfers and de commitments I just don't see it, mayne that freeman and fagan/brock. Williams wants to play near home, segu and Williams are tight. I can't imagine mballa transfers and sits out a year. Graves transfer? He would have done so after oats left in my opinion

Program changing loss takes all the momentum away that we built all these years. I feel bad for Davonta to end your career with a garbage team effort. I’m sorry but Whitesell apparently a defensive coach but simply no effort there. Graves just not the guy, he had his chance this year but the inconsistency and just low basketball IQ at times is just unacceptable. I actually was stupid enough to think this team had a good chance, but the inconsistency was there all year. No way they could put 4 good games together, and they are terrible at home makes no sense.

• Like 1

Just now, Ivantheturrible said:

I disagree, if we keep all our recruits and no one transfers out, I’d say on paper it’s the best team we’ve had. I like Williams development along with Segus and I’m high on the two freshman we have coming in. Plus Skogman. I’m excited about next years team, if everyone stays of course. 

I agree. I don’t see many guys transferring. Think to yourself if you transfer you usually want to move up in competition. None of our players are anything more than MAC caliber players at this point in their careers.