Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

UB women/Kent State

John

Another good win against a good Kent team who is seeded #3 for the tourney. Another good defensive effort holding Kent to 58 points. A decent shooting game from both Fair and Onwuka with good rebounding games by Adeyeye and Hamilton. A nice ceremony for Onwuka after the game celebrating her four years and a decent crowd of 2,600 to support our team.  We finished as the 6th seed and play Miami of Ohio at 5PM Monday. We have won both games against them and when we win we will play Kent State in the last game on Wednesday around 7:30. We know already the men will be playing Miami of Ohio around 7:30 on Monday. When we win we will be playing NIU at 2:30 on Thursday. Notice the positive vibes that we will win both games on Monday. Go Bulls!!!!

Just now, John said:

Another good win against a good Kent team who is seeded #3 for the tourney. Another good defensive effort holding Kent to 58 points. A decent shooting game from both Fair and Onwuka with good rebounding games by Adeyeye and Hamilton. A nice ceremony for Onwuka after the game celebrating her four years and a decent crowd of 2,600 to support our team.  We finished as the 6th seed and play Miami of Ohio at 5PM Monday. We have won both games against them and when we win we will play Kent State in the last game on Wednesday around 7:30. We know already the men will be playing Miami of Ohio around 7:30 on Monday. When we win we will be playing NIU at 2:30 on Thursday. Notice the positive vibes that we will win both games on Monday. Go Bulls!!!!

Based on both teams' play recently, there's no need for anything less than positive vibes heading into Monday. As it stands, both teams stand a very reasonable chance to make it to Friday, seeing as UB has beaten Miami both times (men and women) and the women have beaten Kent both times, leaving only the men who lost to NIU in the opening game of league play. It's one game at time right now in my mind though, as we've seen, there are no easy wins in this league, no matter which team "seems" to be the better one. 

Hopefully we get a nice crowd, although the 5pm start will likely be a challenge for many, myself included. Then once we win (positive vibes), I look forward to the trek to Cleveland!

17 hours ago, skrabukes said:

Based on both teams' play recently, there's no need for anything less than positive vibes heading into Monday. As it stands, both teams stand a very reasonable chance to make it to Friday, seeing as UB has beaten Miami both times (men and women) and the women have beaten Kent both times, leaving only the men who lost to NIU in the opening game of league play. It's one game at time right now in my mind though, as we've seen, there are no easy wins in this league, no matter which team "seems" to be the better one. 

Hopefully we get a nice crowd, although the 5pm start will likely be a challenge for many, myself included. Then once we win (positive vibes), I look forward to the trek to Cleveland!

Agree. Most of our family and friends will be at both games. Oh for most of us being retired and being able to go to all of the games. Go Bulls!!!!

45 minutes ago, rma said:

Sucks having a 5pm tipoff, but I'd rather miss most of the first half than get home at 11pm.

For one evening, I'd prefer getting home at 11, although I'm sure kids would stand no chance being there for that. I can survive being tired the next day, but I can't see the first half if I can't get there on time. Either way, we need 2 wins tomorrow! I like to think that it will happen, but every game starts at 0-0.

On 3/12/2020 at 12:45 AM, DooleyBull06 said:

But there’s no reason to think we can’t be contenders next season.

Despite the rough stretches this season, I think we'll be contending with Ohio for the East next year.  The combination of Fair and Hemphill will make our offense more resembling the Dillard/Hemphill offense that we saw last year.

I can realistically see OU, CMU, and UB in the tournament in 2021.

• Like 1