Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

2020 MAC Honors

Jeseph

First off I can’t believe Mballa was left off any all MAC team. That said congrats to Jordan, Graves and Segu. Hopefully as he potentially becomes the starting PG this is another step in the growth and maturation of Segu. Graves, well deserved, hopefully he is a MAC player of the year candidate next season. Jordan...this one hurts. I say that bc how do we replace his defense. Just look at what he did to Sibande in the second half. We struggled on defense as a team this year and now our all Mac defender will be gone. Tough shoes to fill. Will take a total team defensive effort next season. Congrats boys.

34 minutes ago, 121Merrimac said:

I don’t disagree, but want to point out that Mballa did finish the season with more blue collar points than Jordan.  Aren’t they mostly (all?) related to defense?

Could be bc of his offensive rebounding. Those might score more blue collar points. Also Jordan drew less charge calls this season. But Jordan hands down our best on ball defender. But yes Mballa was good on defense as well.

Side note...I’m hoping Williams grows as a defender. He has the length to be a solid on ball defender. 

Edited by DooleyBull06
  • Like 1