Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

If You Build it They Will Come

Jeseph

Football is just outside the top 25 looking in. Men's BBall is #25 and will likely rise before their next home game. Women's BBall is receiving votes and has an early season Player of the Year candidate in Cierra Dillard.

We built it.

I just went to the SIU game in Carbondale, IL (25k population) and their public came out with pretty good numbers, mostly dressed in SIU gear. It's time for the Buffalo community to come out and support this team. We have a small arena and there are no excuses left, it needs to be full.

/rant

Totally agree Joseph!! With our success it seems we are getting more press nationally but more important locally. The local radio stations are the ones that need to get on board. All you hear are Bills and Sabres. We continue to pass the word to friends and family and talk to UB marketing and the local media about UB sports. One source of concern and it is more of a pet peeve is the concession prices and how long it takes to be served. Also the parking has become a nightmare with increased attendance. Hope the UB admin can address these concerns. Go Bulls!!!!

1 hour ago, John said:

Totally agree Joseph!! With our success it seems we are getting more press nationally but more important locally. The local radio stations are the ones that need to get on board. All you hear are Bills and Sabres. We continue to pass the word to friends and family and talk to UB marketing and the local media about UB sports. One source of concern and it is more of a pet peeve is the concession prices and how long it takes to be served. Also the parking has become a nightmare with increased attendance. Hope the UB admin can address these concerns. Go Bulls!!!!

The parking should be fine once winter break begins. The only remedy would be to specifically block off one or two additional lots on game days (weeknight games when classes are in session is the big issue) for the general public and have to charge $.

Unfortunately this would be a burden on students in class as parking on the south side of campus is already brutal, even on non-game nights.

What a great start to the season. Our coaches are amazing (Looking at you coach Oats who is the BEST in the country). Love coach Quarles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Thank you for making me smile (Bufalo hoops) while I help my sister fight for her life. 

Sorry to be emotional but I love this team so much. More HEART than any team in the country. 

• Like 1

QUICK NOTE

We are good. Crazy good this year. We will have new fans coming to the arenas, talking on posts and attending events. Some people who have left for a couple years and coming back. Please welcome them in with open arms. We need to be an encouraging fan base. 

Let's continue building.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, TML1000 said:

The parking should be fine once winter break begins. The only remedy would be to specifically block off one or two additional lots on game days (weeknight games when classes are in session is the big issue) for the general public and have to charge $.

Unfortunately this would be a burden on students in class as parking on the south side of campus is already brutal, even on non-game nights.

Last year I parked in the special events lot for the Bona game and I will never make that mistake again.

Other options if you are okay walking a little bit: Furnas or Jarvis lot.  If you want guaranteed parking, park in Ellicott and take the Stampede to the student union. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, ubxcretired said:

UB finals don't end until Monday, 12/17, so the dorms are still open and hopefully a good contingent of students will still be around.  Need them making as much noise as possible throughout.  TrueBlue should be hyping this one!

Hate to be the bad news guy. A large contingent of students will be gone by 12/17. Most/Basically all finals were scheduled this week so a lot of students left. 

12 hours ago, MKBullsfan said:

But those teams are also in better conferences which means better competition and higher level of basketball talent. I think we’d draw more fans just on playing in a power 5 conference and not Akron or Ball St to the regular fan.

And now SIU is coming to town which is a much bigger name that the typical home schedule.  That should bring fans out!

But the teams you mentioned don't really have the attendance change too much based on teams. 

Here are a few of their OOC games looking at last year:

Kansas State

-10k Fort Hayes State exhibition

-11k Kennesaw State 

Cal

- 8k St Mary's (local team having good year)

- 8k Central Arkansas 

Miami

- 7k Gardner Webb

- 7k North Florida

Virginia Tech

- 9k The Citadel

- 7k Radford

• 2 months later...

There actually weren't many empty seats from what I remember seeing. If you're basing it on the picture above I think the black/blue shirts people were wearing against the black/blue seating background make it look like there are a lot of empty seats in the distance which are actually occupie

6 hours ago, rma said:

Of note, the ticket office had a "sold out" sign on the window.  I guess this is about where we max out for people.  It's unfortunate to see empty seats though.

10 minutes ago, Jeseph said:

It’s crazy that this is where the 2nd place team in our conference is at for attendance goals.

They had two 5k sell outs back to back with UB and Toledo visiting. Their fan base  was besides themselves. By the way the BG message board is atrocious.