Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

UB at Ohio - 11/14 - For the MAC East title!

myBuffalo

Looking forward to tonight's game on the deuce - curious to know why we are still listed at -2 dogs??

I read how the Ohio pass defense is bottom half of the MAC and overall we are generally healthy after looking at our 2-Deep roster.

Any incite into the line would be helpful - only thing I can think of is the game is at night in Athens, OH and we are 1-9 at Pedan Stadium.

Ohio has put up a ton of points (188 over their last 4 games) in the second half of the season and scored 58 in a September game against UMass. Our defense will get tested - hopefully we can put together more stops than we did against a talented Miami OH offense.

This could be a huge game for the program with the possibility to clinch a trip to Detroit and a potential push in to the top 25 with a convincing win.

GO BULLS

I think Ohio is going to be the slightly more desperate club, and they're coming off a tough loss...and they're good.  I can see why they are a slight fav in betting circles.   That's doesn't mean UB won't show up and pound em anyway.  We'll see.  The defense has been solid for the most part, and the O can throw it or play the Ground n Pound game if they choose.   

The analytics hate UB. One reason is the special teams. 

The other reason is the bend but dont break defense

The other reason is on offense we've won like 6 different ways (some games air raid, some games power run, some games nothing works but we still score 30.)

That gives me confidence over the 2008 and 2013 teams that I felt had more weaknesses you could attack, I think this team is built to counter anything (even our own special teams deficiencies have worked for us by making Lance more aggressive)

That was such a horrible beat down, I’m concerned it might carry-over to next week. Not to mention if/when they play good teams in the MAC Championship and a Bowl game.  They looked like one of the worst FBS teams in the country out there and Tyree was so inaccurate. 

The Bulls really need to lean on their running game and less of the 30 yard passes that go a mile over their heads 

So embarrassing. Defense was atrocious. I’m more worried that we have trouble with anyone with a winning record.. I know temple has one now buttt look at the rest of our opponents. Overall just trying to forget this game and move on. Let’s win the MAC east next week and end the season on a high note in our last 2 games 

The Defense was downright putrid. The roster should roll from that game. Brandon Williams #14 allowed 3 TDs on his own, the guy has been super bad. 

Jackson looked terrible. He missed every throw and decided to try to make the NFL last night throwing deep every play. Brutal gameplan by Borland/LL. 

The biggest worry is that NIU BEAT Ohio. That's a scary thought for the MACC. 

An embarrassing display. How can some of the players say “they were flat”???? Too many players reading their press notices and the coaching staff really blew it big time. All the positives they achieved are gone when they get beat like that. There is no guarantee they can just turn it on against Bowling Green who they have had problems with despite their record. You are only as good as your last game. I was planning on going to Ford Field but all has been put on hold. Jackson reading his press clippings of being able to play in th NFL. Hoping the players were read the riot act by the coaching staff. Trying to keep the faith!! Go Bulls!!!

13 hours ago, Kevin said:

The Defense was downright putrid. The roster should roll from that game. Brandon Williams #14 allowed 3 TDs on his own, the guy has been super bad. 

Jackson looked terrible. He missed every throw and decided to try to make the NFL last night throwing deep every play. Brutal gameplan by Borland/LL. 

The biggest worry is that NIU BEAT Ohio. That's a scary thought for the MACC. 

And UB beat Miami who beat Ohio.  Which means we should have beaten Ohio.  So I am not worried that Northern Illinois beat Ohio.  Last time in UB was in Detroit, Ball State was undefeated and 12th in the nation.  Hoe did that work out?

I used the word "pathetic" to death while watching this game.  Again and again.  Try and tell me this team looked prepared in any phase to compete.  Focus, execution, you name it, it was missing.  Looking at the schedule, it seems like the best teams they've beaten (in a down year for Toledo) are...Eastern, and Temple.  They were picked apart by teams who could run the ball and use motion (Army and Miami, and eventually Ohio).  I don't want to hear any more whispers about Top 25.  They're a good MAC team at this point, that's it.  And I say this as appreciative of the positive steps the program has taken in competitiveness the past couple years.  But they haven't proven themselves to be any more than that right now.

Unfortunately when you lose to that magnitude, it takes some of the luster off a great season.  Maybe some AD's who were hot on the trail for Coach Leipold before the game have cooled afterwards.  That would be one good thing to come out of it, i like what's he's done overall and the team is much more athletic than they used to be.   They were not prepared though.  And as others have said, too many believed their press clippings of how great they are/were. 

Maybe against BG next week they should prepare a run heavy gameplan.  I don't think the RB's can be held in check if they commit to it.   The passing by Tyree is just way off and this time of year you get crazy wind, rain, snow, etc..  

22 minutes ago, zigo230 said:

Maybe against BG next week they should prepare a run heavy gameplan.  I don't think the RB's can be held in check if they commit to it.   The passing by Tyree is just way off and this time of year you get crazy wind, rain, snow, etc..  

I strongly suspect that we see a lot of running...even on third down by the Bulls.   BGSU doesn't have a great run defense, so I am sure the emphasis will be on running, running and more running.  Then, when reasonable, take a shot downfield.

BGSU is not nearly as talented as Ohio.  UB needs to keep the game in front of them and control the scoreboard and clock.   Ohio drove the field again and again on UB -- that can't happen against BGSU.  They have to get off the field (and I think they will).

Go Bulls.