Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Goodnews Kpegeol

Kevin

47 minutes ago, UB05 said:

3 years of eligibility is nice

It would help with the spread of scholarships too. Think we only have skogman and gallion as sophmores

Also just stalked his Twitter after checking his verbal commits page. He follows ub bulls compliance twitter which seems like a very official/serious page to follow

Edited by Tee4three

15 minutes ago, Tee4three said:

It would help with the spread of scholarships too. Think we only have skogman and gallion as sophmores

Also just stalked his Twitter after checking his verbal commits page. He follows ub bulls compliance twitter which seems like a very official/serious page to follow

As I've been explained recruiting, the closer to the offer we are, the more likely we are to have a verbal commit. As we get further away, it's less likely the player commits to your school.

Let's hope we hear something soon.

33 minutes ago, Tee4three said:

Skogman would be a freshman next season right? He should still have 4 years of eligibility left as he redshirted last year 

26 minutes ago, Gxtrex said:

Skogman would be a freshman next season right? He should still have 4 years of eligibility left as he redshirted last year 

Yeah, forgot about that. So as sophmores we only have Gallion, unless I'm forgetting someone else. Still would be great to get more in his class

11 hours ago, DocCas86 said:

Video highlights.  Goodnews currently has offers from Hofstra, Coastal Carolina, South Dakota, GCU and Towson.  Transferred from Kansas St.  He was a 3 star ( 0.8628) recruit out of high school and had about 10 offers including Hofstra, Akron and St. Bonaventure.

Screenshot_20200319-063932~2.png

Highlights look like he could be a good fit for UB. He looks very athletic with some quickness. Good on the 3’s, a good jump shot inside the 3 point line and a good burst on drives to the basket. Hope UB has a chance to land him. Go Bulls!!!!

1 hour ago, John said:

Highlights look like he could be a good fit for UB. He looks very athletic with some quickness. Good on the 3’s, a good jump shot inside the 3 point line and a good burst on drives to the basket. Hope UB has a chance to land him. Go Bulls!!!!

As I think this season reinforced, individual athleticism doesn’t matter as much as team chemistry (think defense).

• Like 1

14 hours ago, 121Merrimac said:

As I think this season reinforced, individual athleticism doesn’t matter as much as team chemistry (think defense).

Do agree. All the individual talent and athleticism  don’t mean a thing if the players don’t have good team chemistry. The key to this all is success breeds success both as individuals and as a team. This year’s team seemed to lack chemistry especially as the season progressed instead of coming together as a team. As I have said  the team over the last 4/5 years succeeded because of individuals buying into the team concept and of course UB hitting on some very good JUCO’s And transfers that were leaders on the team. That was not the case this year and hope will spring eternal for next year’s team. Go Bulls!!!!

20 minutes ago, John said:

Do agree. All the individual talent and athleticism  don’t mean a thing if the players don’t have good team chemistry. The key to this all is success breeds success both as individuals and as a team. This year’s team seemed to lack chemistry especially as the season progressed instead of coming together as a team. As I have said  the team over the last 4/5 years succeeded because of individuals buying into the team concept and of course UB hitting on some very good JUCO’s And transfers that were leaders on the team. That was not the case this year and hope will spring eternal for next year’s team. Go Bulls!!!!

It seems that Goodnews is taking a liking to the UB fans, he has retweeted and liked many comments and replies to his UB offer. He’s also following many of the teams coaches, players and athletic compliance. 

2 hours ago, Dabulls said:

It seems that Goodnews is taking a liking to the UB fans, he has retweeted and liked many comments and replies to his UB offer. He’s also following many of the teams coaches, players and athletic compliance. 

I'd assume those are all very good signs.

• 4 weeks later...

Obviously this isn’t a Strong indicator but I commented “come to UB” under one of his Instagram posts and he liked it within minutes. Former Kansas State commit who averaged 21pts 10rbs and 5ast last season in JUCO... it’s clear he wants a place where he can get minutes and with his height, strength and ability to shoot the deep ball I see him playing a role similar to Jeenathan Williams. In my opinion he should fill our final scholarship slot. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...