Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Malik Zachery (G - 2020)

Jeseph

22 minutes ago, mikescherrer8 said:

I would say UB is prob the best team on that list. Cal and Ole Miss have nothing too much going for them. Would be a nice get. 

I’m just hoping he’s not tempted by playing in a larger conference. He’d definitely get a chance to start if he came to UB, most likely would be a bench player at Cal and Ole Miss 

On 4/2/2020 at 12:49 AM, Ivantheturrible said:

It’s good to see players trying to recruit him. Lately I’ve had the feeling he’s going to Cal but who knows. He definitely has the potential to be a starter here which would be great 

Still really comes down to whether he wants to go play in a P-5 or bigger conference versus a Mid major type conference. Cal and Ole Miss both had losing overall records and also in conference. Cal only averaged around 5,000 and Ole Miss around 7,400 home attendance. I think it comes down to whether a player believes he can play some decent minutes with a team. We know how in many cases a player either is red shirted or plays limited minutes and ends up transferring the next year. Just hope we can hit on some quality players that can help us next season. Go Bulls!!!

Top things I would imagine kids put at the top of where they want to corn, 1. Chance to play in the tournament, 2. Play in front of a decent crowd(small or large but into the game) 3. Playing time

These aren't in order but when you compare UB with the low level power do schools like ole miss and cal have an advantage over UB here?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Care to elaborate. This would be the second not committed UB post. Either he is signing or c*ck teasing us.

I think players just enjoy the love/attention that they get from fans when they post things like this.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Jeseph said:

I think players just enjoy the love/attention that they get from fans when they post things like this.

Basketball gods help us all if prospects start committing based on which school’s fan base showed the most love on Snapchat, IG or Tik Tok. Even though that may already be the case for some.

Bigger question is, is he posting stuff like this for all the other schools after him? Bc if he’s not then either he is signing here or trolling us hardcore.

1 hour ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Basketball gods help us all if prospects start committing based on which school’s fan base showed the most love on Snapchat, IG or Tik Tok. Even though that may already be the case for some.

Bigger question is, is he posting stuff like this for all the other schools after him? Bc if he’s not then either he is signing here or trolling us hardcore.

I know he’s friends with Graves, maybe that’ll help us a bit

Edited by Dabulls

Watched some of his highlights. Kid looks like he can definitely finish inside, has a decent mid range stroke as well as three point shot. Looks to be able to find the open guy as well quite often. Nothing flashy by any means but looks like he can definitely come in and make an impact right away if he chooses us. 

He’s a kid who is hungry and looking for a chance to play and prove himself. If he signs hopefully he brings a fire and isn’t a chucker like Grant was. Does anyone know if he would be a sit out transfer? Eligibility status?

Edit: Thought this was the Griffin thread. My bad. The point above is about Griffin. 

As for Zachery, would love him. Would be interesting though having him, Segu and Robinson coming in. 

Edited by DooleyBull06

Hope this kid chooses us. We def could use another PG can’t just rely on Segu and Robinson, plus lot of times we play a 2 pg lineup anyway as it gives us more ball handlers and easier to push the pace. Assuming Graves doesn’t go for nba, he’s likely gonna start in the 3 slot. 

I don't mind kids doing things like this (cutting down their list and announcing it).  I mean, this may be the one time in their life where they have the spotlight...and they are normally 17, 18, 19 years old.  

It is a (relatively) short trip to Buffalo from Syracuse...not so much from Berkeley (CA) and Oxford (MS).   He spent time in JUCO in Florida and liked it, so perhaps the travel part isn't a big deal.   

Here is an article from last month on him not being able to take recruiting visits.  

https://www.syracuse.com/highschoolsports/2020/03/former-west-genesee-standout-malik-zachery-has-d-i-scholarship-offers-but-cant-take-any-visits-due-to-coronavirus.html