Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Malik Zachery (G - 2020)

Jeseph

just looking at who Malik follows on twitter (kind of weird haha) he follows all of the staff (except whitesell) graves, and just recently the team account. Doesn't seem to follow any of the other schools accounts. Could mean something, could mean nothing. just an observation 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Bill said:

just looking at who Malik follows on twitter (kind of weird haha) he follows all of the staff (except whitesell) graves, and just recently the team account. Doesn't seem to follow any of the other schools accounts. Could mean something, could mean nothing. just an observation 

That’s probably a good sign, just listened to a podcast that he was on. He loves that UB fans are urging him to come and supporting him. I’m guessing Quarles is lead recruit 

4 hours ago, Dabulls said:

That’s probably a good sign, just listened to a podcast that he was on. He loves that UB fans are urging him to come and supporting him. I’m guessing Quarles is lead recruit 

Don't tell the board this! We have certain members who will submit these fans to compliance. 

Anyways, I would love to see more of this, that's for sure:

4 hours ago, 961819 said:

There’s people saying things like this to recruits and meanwhile we have people on here bitching about our fans showing the slightest sign of support for a recruit that’s considering UB. Laughable 

Yup, the losers at UB compliance all the time loves to stick their nose in everything, even though people in twitter aren’t breaking any rules.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Erie County said:

Whoever the people that tell to compliance are even worse. That's always been my thing. This should be a place to talk about our UB thoughts

As not only a person but probably the only  person who reports things to Compliance, I am doing what is right for UB.  If UB Compliance can stop something quickly before it becomes a major violation, good.

There have been violations on this Board, which were reported and remedied.  Reports to compliance on violations have been reported by former UB athletes who committed violations as well as employees of UB who have inadvertently violated NCAA rules.

Are you aware that UB already has been found to have had three violations, two of which were major violations in men's basketball? https://web3.ncaa.org/lsdbi/search/miCaseView/report?id=102173

and https://web3.ncaa.org/lsdbi/search/miCaseView/report?id=101825.

and https://web3.ncaa.org/lsdbi/search/miCaseView/report?id=101864

People may be talking about their thoughts about UB Athletics, but in doing so they may be admitting to violations.  When they are seen, they will be reported.

Do I care what anybody on this board thinks of me for doing this, NO!

I have reported violations that I have seen on this Board, violations committed by former UB athletes and violations by employees of UB Athletics.  All of the reports have been appreciated.

You cannot be a fan of UB Athletics and not care about violations.  They have to be stopped when they are minor.  How would you feel if you got a phone call from the NCAA Committee on infractions and be told that you have been committing violations of the NCAA rules and if we prove it UB will be banned from bowl games and post season tournaments?  If you do not have a problem getting that phone call, then are you really a fan of UB or are just out to do what can for yourself with no cares about how it impacts UB, UB Athletics and their reputations.

Think what you want of me, I will continue to report what I believe are violations so that can be stopped, while they are small and hopefully will not lead to sanctions against UB.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, BrooklynBull said:

As not only a person but probably the only  person who reports things to Compliance, I am doing what is right for UB.  If UB Compliance can stop something quickly before it becomes a major violation, good.

There have been violations on this Board, which were reported and remedied.  Reports to compliance on violations have been reported by former UB athletes who committed violations as well as employees of UB who have inadvertently violated NCAA rules.

Are you aware that UB already has been found to have had three violations, two of which were major violations in men's basketball? https://web3.ncaa.org/lsdbi/search/miCaseView/report?id=102173

and https://web3.ncaa.org/lsdbi/search/miCaseView/report?id=101825.

and https://web3.ncaa.org/lsdbi/search/miCaseView/report?id=101864

People may be talking about their thoughts about UB Athletics, but in doing so they may be admitting to violations.  When they are seen, they will be reported.

Do I care what anybody on this board thinks of me for doing this, NO!

I have reported violations that I have seen on this Board, violations committed by former UB athletes and violations by employees of UB Athletics.  All of the reports have been appreciated.

You cannot be a fan of UB Athletics and not care about violations.  They have to be stopped when they are minor.  How would you feel if you got a phone call from the NCAA Committee on infractions and be told that you have been committing violations of the NCAA rules and if we prove it UB will be banned from bowl games and post season tournaments?  If you do not have a problem getting that phone call, then are you really a fan of UB or are just out to do what can for yourself with no cares about how it impacts UB, UB Athletics and their reputations.

Think what you want of me, I will continue to report what I believe are violations so that can be stopped, while they are small and hopefully will not lead to sanctions against UB.

You have to be trolling at this point. Those violations from 2001 are really scary. I hope the NCAA doesn’t decide to act on them 2 decades later!!

I will gladly keep committing these violations just so that you can report me to the compliance office. “Uhh yeah this 961819 guy said really nice things to a player we’re recruiting and it bothered me I hope you ban him from all the games.” 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, 961819 said:

You have to be trolling at this point. Those violations from 2001 are really scary. I hope the NCAA doesn’t decide to act on them 2 decades later!!

I will gladly keep committing these violations just so that you can report me to the compliance office. “Uhh yeah this 961819 guy said really nice things to a player we’re recruiting and it bothered me I hope you ban him from all the games.” 

I had no clue talking to a player is a violation, it’s not like we are bribing or forcing them to commit to our school. Telling them that we’d love to have them on our team should be allowed 

1 hour ago, Bill said:

2 crystal balls for UB on 247 if that means anything

I bet it is actually a good sign. Not because those guys know anything specific per se, but because they're trying to boost their prediction score on an imminent commitment and they've gathered from various online sources that we're his most likely destination.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MuchMany said:

I bet it is actually a good sign. Not because those guys know anything specific per se, but because they're trying to boost their prediction score on an imminent commitment and they've gathered from various online sources that we're his most likely destination.

They talk to other sources who talk to the player. 

two crystal balls is a good sign.

i don’t think they miss often when predicted 

8 minutes ago, Dabulls said:

Just a general question, do players inform the school they are committing to them before making their announcement?

Who knows nowadays. For these kids it’s all about putting on a show on social media. So my guess is most do not. I assume coaches have strong feelings that they will get the player, but one can never be to certain.

52 minutes ago, Dabulls said:

Just a general question, do players inform the school they are committing to them before making their announcement?

I'm almost sure of it. That's generally one way the "crystal ball people" find out.

There is no way the school first finds out via social media. I believe that they respect the kids ability to make the announcements (plenty we now make many throughout their 4 years). 

Edited by Kevin

9 hours ago, Dabulls said:
10 hours ago, 961819 said:

I had no clue talking to a player is a violation, it’s not like we are bribing or forcing them to commit to our school. Telling them that we’d love to have them on our team should be allowed 

Nobody other than designated people within the Athletic Department are allowed to recruit a potential student athlete to UB.  Can you talk to someone, yes.  Can you tell them why they should pick UB? No.  If you have any questions if you can do something check here: https://ubbulls.com/sports/2019/6/17/compliance-index.aspx

Still have questions, contact Compliance directly.

I have attended college fairs for UB for nearly 20 years.  At some point during every fair someone one asks about athletics and whether they could play for UB.  I would give them all the  same answer.  Yes, we have that sport.  For more information contact the coach directly, which you can do through the website.

I have no idea why anyone would want to talk with a high school junior/senior or a JUCO looking to transfer.

10 hours ago, 961819 said:

Trolling, no.  Educating people, yes.  Protecting UB, yes.

Prior history of violations comes into play the next time a violation comes up.  Why you would want to cause a violation and sanctions against UB is beyond me and probably every other person on this board.

2 hours ago, Dabulls said:

Malik just posted “🙌💛” on his Instagram live. He’s been sending that yellow heart to people who show him love from Cal. Hoping this isn’t a sign to come for tomorrow 

Wait I’m confused. I thought the program gets shut down if people show him love 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, UB05 said:

Wait I’m confused. I thought the program gets shut down if people show him love 

He also posted a photoshopped picture of himself with a Cal background on his Snapchat with “😌💛”. Not sure if someone made that for him and he’s being humble or he’s hinting his commitment to Cal. There’s so much going on lol, 247 believes he’s coming to buffalo, he seems to follow everyone at UB but Cal looms over him