Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Malik Zachery (G - 2020)

Jeseph

2 hours ago, UB05 said:

Wait I’m confused. I thought the program gets shut down if people show him love 

If people show him love on Twitter, the program gets the death penalty.  That's what I've learned from UBfan over the years. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

This has gotten ridiculous. I hope he commits to us no doubt. But if he is basing his decision on Instagram likes and love then I question his decision making and ask...is someone this flaky what we really want? 

Yes, I want him to commit to UB.

Can we please not turn this into a compliance -> dead horse thread for now?

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, BrooklynBull said:

Nobody other than designated people within the Athletic Department are allowed to recruit a potential student athlete to UB.  Can you talk to someone, yes.  Can you tell them why they should pick UB? No.  If you have any questions if you can do something check here: https://ubbulls.com/sports/2019/6/17/compliance-index.aspx

Still have questions, contact Compliance directly.

I have attended college fairs for UB for nearly 20 years.  At some point during every fair someone one asks about athletics and whether they could play for UB.  I would give them all the  same answer.  Yes, we have that sport.  For more information contact the coach directly, which you can do through the website.

I have no idea why anyone would want to talk with a high school junior/senior or a JUCO looking to transfer.

Trolling, no.  Educating people, yes.  Protecting UB, yes.

Prior history of violations comes into play the next time a violation comes up.  Why you would want to cause a violation and sanctions against UB is beyond me and probably every other person on this board.

I’m gonna go tweet at him a list of 5 reasons he should go to UB. I’ll be eagerly awaiting for my call from compliance

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 961819 said:

I’m gonna go tweet at him a list of 5 reasons he should go to UB. I’ll be eagerly awaiting for my call from compliance

I’m pretty sure you can tweet at him all you want. The ncaa isn’t looking at tweets from random people that say oh come to UB the wings are great. The atmosphere rocks. Just don’t go offering money or improper benefits. That’s the key. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

I’m pretty sure you can tweet at him all you want. The ncaa isn’t looking at tweets from random people that say oh come to UB the wings are great. The atmosphere rocks. Just don’t go offering money or improper benefits. That’s the key. 

Exactly. Every school in America has fans that tweet at recruits encouraging them to come to their school. The NCAA is not going to crack down on every fan from every school it just isn’t going to happen. Hopefully BB understands this. Fans are absolutely allowed to support recruits and be encouraging. Just don’t go any further than being supportive 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Obviously. But did he say anything that would lead you to believe anything? What did he say about the type of player he is and what he is looking for?

Not really, I just notice that he’s following a bunch of UB faculty and staff along with the teams Twitter account. Hope those are good signs, he keeps sending out mixed signals 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Dabulls said:

Not really, I just notice that he’s following a bunch of UB faculty and staff along with the teams Twitter account. Hope those are good signs, he keeps sending out mixed signals 

He is teasing people hard on his Snapchat. Posted a picture of a UCF background staring “UCF or Cal 🤔” but he stated on Instagram earlier that he already told a podcast his commitment already, weird.