Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Transfer Portal

John

19 hours ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Don’t know where these rumors started. Seems like they only circulated on this forum. There’s never been a peep of them transferring. It was just assumed by some here. 

They weren’t rumors, they were merely guesses and speculations. Primary because Bertram is a grad senior now who I would have assumed would probably go home since Bertram has not been up to snuff. At all. And I’m not so sure Fagan will leave because he has a big opportunity to get some big minutes if he actually plays well.

9 minutes ago, mikescherrer8 said:

They weren’t rumors, they were merely guesses and speculations. Primary because Bertram is a grad senior now who I would have assumed would probably go home since Bertram has not been up to snuff. At all. And I’m not so sure Fagan will leave because he has a big opportunity to get some big minutes if he actually plays well.

I understood the Bertram one. He could’ve done what Ikenna Smart did. But never understood to speculation on Fagan. There was never an indication that he was unhappy here. And who knows what his role would’ve been last season had he not gotten hurt. 

6 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

I understood the Bertram one. He could’ve done what Ikenna Smart did. But never understood to speculation on Fagan. There was never an indication that he was unhappy here. And who knows what his role would’ve been last season had he not gotten hurt. 

Fagan looked good when he was on the court, hoping he stays. He could play some big minutes for us this year

3 hours ago, Dabulls said:

Fagan looked good when he was on the court, hoping he stays. He could play some big minutes for us this year

He definitely could. I think we are deep in the front court. If Zachery signs we are deep at PG. I worry about us not having enough shooters. Which was an issue for us last year.

12 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

He definitely could. I think we are deep in the front court. If Zachery signs we are deep at PG. I worry about us not having enough shooters. Which was an issue for us last year.

Zachery is a good mid range shooter, same with Segu. Graves is our only real deep threat but is sometimes inconsistent from long range. 

5 minutes ago, Dabulls said:

Zachery is a good mid range shooter, same with Segu. Graves is our only real deep threat but is sometimes inconsistent from long range. 

Yea and if Graves leaves then we have a big hole. Our only two SGs are Graves and Gallion. Gallion was impressive late last season. I have hopes for him. Could be a hidden gem.   

54 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Yea and if Graves leaves then we have a big hole. Our only two SGs are Graves and Gallion. Gallion was impressive late last season. I have hopes for him. Could be a hidden gem.   

I share the optimism about Gallion, seems like a real dog who competes on D and might develop an above average deep shot. He showed some hilarious fire in the bench mob last year and when he got in games he was constantly mixing it up.

I think a big 2/3 who can shoot should be the priority for our last spot. Transfer would be ok. The frontcourt seems set adding Skogman and Fagan while losing Grant. It should actually be considerably stronger when factoring in the major growth (into MAC POY candidates) I expect from Nate Will and Josh.

And I'll be stunned if Graves leaves. Not sure he would crack a G League roster right now with the lack of diversity in his offensive arsenal and lack of defensive footspeed at NBA PG size. I'm assuming Europe is not an option but stranger things have happened. Hoping he seizes the opportunity to lead UB back to the tournament while rounding out his game for the next level.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MuchMany said:

I share the optimism about Gallion, seems like a real dog who competes on D and might develop an above average deep shot. He showed some hilarious fire in the bench mob last year and when he got in games he was constantly mixing it up.

I think a big 2/3 who can shoot should be the priority for our last spot. Transfer would be ok. The frontcourt seems set adding Skogman and Fagan while losing Grant. It should actually be considerably stronger when factoring in the major growth (into MAC POY candidates) I expect from Nate Will and Josh.

And I'll be stunned if Graves leaves. Not sure he would crack a G League roster right now with the lack of diversity in his offensive arsenal and lack of defensive footspeed at NBA PG size. I'm assuming Europe is not an option but stranger things have happened. Hoping he seizes the opportunity to lead UB back to the tournament while rounding out his game for the next level.

I, too, would be stunned if Graves leaves.  Especially now with adding Zachery.  This is Graves team, for sure, and he will have an opportunity to showcase his game (hopefully).  Declaring for the draft this year, I guess, gives him an opportunity to experience some things now to help him make an informed decision for next spring. 

24 minutes ago, MuchMany said:

Totally agree. And if Graves comes back he could be a player of the candidate. 

6 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Ohio = dangerous

With what I'd imagine to be the 4th or 5th best odds to win it next year, I'd probably pick them with the odds.

46 minutes ago, 121Merrimac said:

Also...

Kent State with the #66 & 79 JUCO. 

Toledo with the #31 JUCO, and 4 other players. 

The MAC is a really strong mid-major conference, we should expect teams to reload like this. Bring it on! I'll take our trio of Graves, Williams, and Mballa against anyone in the MAC. 🤘🏼

• 2 weeks later...