Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Syracuse and Marquette

So, Marquette losing Wednesday night and Syracuse losing tonight, that's 2 top 25 teams moving down and possibly us moving up.

I am really not impressed by Syracuse, at all. They are shooting much worse than us. They do not move the ball well, and have very little fight inside the paint. And they really have zero bench help. If you ask me, 'Cuse right now looks way worse than last season. But, it is a little early to tell. Tonight's match up against UCONN was a bit of an even match up coming in, but, UCONN was by far the better team.

Marquette last night, same thing. They just got rag dolled by a real good Indiana team. And just looking at how they play on both sides of the ball, UB can definitely keep up with them.

Both of these teams just aren't very deep down the roster. At most 7 guys deep on each team. Meanwhile, we're getting production our of at least 9 players.

We're about a month away from these two games and I am excited as heck for them. If we can split one of these games, our odds of an at-large bid become even greater. 

Both teams and also West Virginia (despite their outcome tonight) have look bad. All these teams will be better come March than they are now. However we need them to win now. Them winning will only help our resume. So while yes them losing this week might bump us up the rankings we need them to win during non conference play so that our metrics get better. 

And most definitely we can compete with Cuse and Marquette. What I’m seeing so far through a week and a half is that you can have all the 5 star freshman talent in the world but you need veterans and guard play. We have that. If our shots fall we are extremely dangerous. Go Bulls!

Ohio?? What? But yea Syracuse lost to Oregon today if that’s what you meant. They’re not good but this is what happens every year. They’re great because they play 90% of their games at home and they’re great at home. We will see a totally different team when we visit the dome I’m assuming 

onviously it’s just as big of a game for us. Gotta get the dub

16 hours ago, Kevin said:

they lost to Ohio. Id expect them to be a lot lower than us now. 

Whoops. I meant Oregon. 

Back to back with UConn. Syracuse will be scratching to get back ranked. 

Really interested to see where UB ends up Monday after WVU's loss to WKU.