Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

The Reason For Hunter Jenkins Resignation

39 minutes ago, 961819 said:

To be honest, I didn’t consider the booster part. I get so frustrated when I see the holier than thou mindset that I don’t think that far into it and you’re correct. However, not everyone is a booster and I feel like BB is just reporting everyone

If you're a season ticket holder for any of the UB teams, aren't you automatically considered a booster because of the current structure that requires a donation also be made with said season ticket purchase?

2 minutes ago, ChubbyHubby said:

If you're a season ticket holder for any of the UB teams, aren't you automatically considered a booster because of the current structure that requires a donation also be made with said season ticket purchase?

It’s only if you get the good seats. If your tickets are for the 300’s or corner 200’s (Basketball) or outside of the slightly-less-terrible seats in football, you just technically pay for tickets. 

5 minutes ago, rma said:

It’s only if you get the good seats. If your tickets are for the 300’s or corner 200’s (Basketball) or outside of the slightly-less-terrible seats in football, you just technically pay for tickets. 

Thank you.  I didn't realize you could just purchase tickets and not make a contribution.

1 minute ago, 121Merrimac said:

I wonder what the faked person would have actually written.  
Was faking it because of a difference of opinion, or a way to get the result quicker, or something else?

I'd assume they were running out of time to submit all materials, as most others had received notice of their waivers. Jenkins delivered the completed information presumably with a forged letter from a fake email address that was written by him/UB to be actually signed by the real player who was shading them.

4 hours ago, UBlearns said:

I've read through both UB's story and the actual legal release, I'm a little confused.  Jenkins was trying to get a recruit's (presumably Mballa) transfer waiver through.  Jenkins then wrote a letter to the NCAA, from the perspective of the recruit's former teammate (presumably a former Texas Tech player who was also transferring) in support of Mballa's transfer waiver, and forged the former Texas Tech player's signature on the letter.  Then the letter was sent to the NCAA with the rest of the info for the transfer waiver?

Perhaps I don't know enough about the transfer waiver process, but I thought it was mostly contingent on the school from which the player is transferring (i.e. Texas Tech), their coaching staff and athletics administration.  But apparently teams also submit essentially letters of recommendation from the player's teammates?  Am I understanding this right?

The claim was that he was pushed out of the program by the staff and made sure that he wouldn’t feel welcomed back (harassed and abused you might say) to ensure they could give his scholarship to a more worthy player.  

So they needed evidence that his leaving TT wasn’t simply a typical transfer if he wanted to get a waiver.  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Kevin said:

A shot? This is something that happened. It isn't an opinion of mine.

What authorization is Jenkins speaking of? That could get very sticky.

It absolutely is your opinion. Yes, "it" happened, but your statement puts it in terms that JW was aware of it, or part of it. For all we know, HJ went rogue and wanted to try to impress his new boss and do great legwork to get Mballa cleared, which included gross lying and falsifying. Maybe they were all in on it. Who really knows? No one here, but your condescending nature towards JW (and numerous others) is always at the forefront. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kevin said:

A shot? This is something that happened. It isn't an opinion of mine.

What authorization is Jenkins speaking of? That could get very sticky.

Except you’re framing it like Whitesell is a guilty party or at least doesn’t have control over his program. Everyone knows you have an agenda against him

39 minutes ago, skrabukes said:

It absolutely is your opinion. Yes, "it" happened, but your statement puts it in terms that JW was aware of it, or part of it. For all we know, HJ went rogue and wanted to try to impress his new boss and do great legwork to get Mballa cleared, which included gross lying and falsifying. Maybe they were all in on it. Who really knows? No one here, but your condescending nature towards JW (and numerous others) is always at the forefront. 

Jenkins knows and has commented on it already.

So your saying Jenkins is lying to the AP about others being aware? I'm going off of what was said. I have zero agenda against anyone.

1 minute ago, Kevin said:

Jenkins knows and has commented on it already.

So your saying Jenkins is lying to the AP about others being aware? I'm going off of what was said. I have zero agenda against anyone.

You seem to think that it's impossible that he's lying. Generally when someone goes down for something, they don't like to go down alone, so they start trying to deflect blame. Is this the case here? I have no idea, but the investigation of many months didn't seem to turn up anyone else besides HJ. I'd prefer to believe in a long-term investigation's word over the word of one who just admitted to wrongdoing.  

10 minutes ago, UB05 said:

Except you’re framing it like Whitesell is a guilty party or at least doesn’t have control over his program. Everyone knows you have an agenda against him

Framing what? 

I don't know what he knew. All I know is what happened underneath his watch and not under Reggie, Hurley, or Oats. Hence my comment.

The assistant coach that got fired just came out and said it was authorized. We can claim he's lying if we want but I don't see the purpose of him lying with the sanctions already handed out.

1 hour ago, Tee4three said:

Authorization as in a someone higher up than him in ub athletics told him to do it or authorization that the person he faked the letter of recommendation of told him it was alright

Million dollar question.

My guess is the other player authorized a statement, HJ just forged it as a formality when submitting it to compliance.  

HJ seemed like a decent guy in the brief time that he was here. We have no idea what truly went down and likely never will know the details. Regardless, the investigation has gone on and completed with HJ being the only one implicated. For that reason, I stand behind the current staff and will believe that they were not part of whatever happened. It's kind of crazy that two young guys in the WNY bball area both left town quickly in a month's time this past season. Belein was at NU and gone just as quick as he came, same with HJ. 

• Like 1