Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Hunter Jenkins goes JUCO

15 hours ago, 961819 said:

I’m happy for him, despite it all he was young and was just trying to be the best he could be for the program

SMU football boosters in the 80s... trying to be the best they could be for the program.

Dave Bliss at Baylor... trying to be the best he could be for the program.

Nevin Shapiro at Miami... trying to be the best he could be for the program.

UNC Afro-American department... trying to be the best they could be for the program.

2 hours ago, dutchcountry7 said:

SMU football boosters in the 80s... trying to be the best they could be for the program.

UNC Afro-American department... trying to be the best they could be for the program.

lol lets not pretend that these are on the same level.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, dutchcountry7 said:

1 hour ago, BasketBull said:

I agree that it isn’t on the same level, but he was on staff for a few months and his biggest accomplishment was putting the program on probation. Forgive me for not wishing him the best.

I you both seem like fun at parties. He was doing an amazing job recruiting, remember that every time Chanse and Josh make great plays.

1 hour ago, BasketBull said:

I agree that it isn’t on the same level, but he was on staff for a few months and his biggest accomplishment was putting the program on probation. Forgive me for not wishing him the best.

It was actually getting one of our best current players on the roster. I’m not excusing him or his actions but we unfortunately have to admit that we don’t have Mballa without him and we all know that.

2 minutes ago, Jeseph said:

It was actually getting one of our best current players on the roster. I’m not excusing him or his actions but we unfortunately have to admit that we don’t have Mballa without him and we all know that.

Wouldn't mballa just have had to sit out a year if he didn't do what he did? 

2 hours ago, Gxtrex said:

Wouldn't mballa just have had to sit out a year if he didn't do what he did? 

Would he have transferred to us if he had to sit? Or did Jenkins get him under the notion that “I can get you on the floor”

8 minutes ago, Jeseph said:

Would he have transferred to us if he had to sit? Or did Jenkins get him under the notion that “I can get you on the floor”

Guess we'll never completely know. Without "testimony" that he was being forced out at TTU, it seemed reasonable that he would have to sit out given that he played in about half their games (even in very limited minutes) including the tourney game against us. But I also see Dutch's point - while not on that scale, violations like this can be a slippery slope.

I wish him the best.  I want people to learn from their mistakes and get in the right track.  But he was a cheater and committed fraud.  

Let’s not act like it was a noble act. 

Maybe he will grow up.  He is getting another chance. Hope he learned his lesson and starts following rules. 

18 minutes ago, 121Merrimac said:

It surprised me to hear that the NCAA ever consider student comments in their evaluations. 

This was honestly the most surprising part of this whole report to me.

Though I guess in this case the claim was that TTU was treating him unfairly so teammate corroboration makes sense here?

3 hours ago, 121Merrimac said:

An actual former teammate could do this just as easily as a fake account.  It surprised me to hear that the NCAA ever consider student comments in their evaluations. 

Yes, they could.

But we should hold ourselves to a higher standard (and we did).

2 hours ago, 961819 said:

wasn’t sure which topic to put this in but it seemed fitting for this one lol

Love it. Makes me itch for November. Love to see Rondo working that pick and roll. We need more of that. Would love to see Mballa work more on low post moves/mid range pops. In the MAC he can dominate anywhere on the floor. Great to see Nickleberry playing after the whole concussion ordeal. 

• Like 1