Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Gavin Bartholomew 2021 TE

4 hours ago, RecoveringHillbilly said:

3 Star and a top TE in PA so says Rivals.com. From Blue Mountain HS in PA. A big boy at 6"5" 250, also plays Defensive End, baseball and track. Offers from 'a slew of CAA teams, other FCS, Army and BGSU.

A little Q/A:   https://247sports.com/college/villanova/Article/QA-with-class-of-2021-TE-Gavin-Bartholomew-145257688/

He has family ties to the area.

When you watch his tape, I am sure the phrase "plays with an edge" comes up a few times.   I saw a couple of borderline 15-yard penalties in there as he was finishing up his block.   While 250 lbs, he seemed to move well.  A willing blocker.  Seems like a fit within the MAC.

• 5 months later...
11 minutes ago, HomeyG said:

Decommited today for Pitt

Better now than leaving thru the portal in a year if he doesn't think Buffalo is where he wants to be. I guess he doesn't think our current success and the program that we are becoming is better than a mid-level ACC team. I trust Lance and Co. they will fill the hole.

12 hours ago, UBinMD said:

Better now than leaving thru the portal in a year if he doesn't think Buffalo is where he wants to be. I guess he doesn't think our current success and the program that we are becoming is better than a mid-level ACC team. I trust Lance and Co. they will fill the hole.

I don't think this had anything to do with Lance or the team. It seemed like he was waiting for a offer from Pitt for quite some time. Once he got the offer, he committed to them immediately.

With the recent success, hopefully UB can fill his scholarship with another highly ranked prospect that truly wants to be in Buffalo

1 minute ago, ukbro00 said:

With the recent success, hopefully UB can fill his scholarship with another highly ranked prospect that truly wants to be in Buffalo

Hopefully we will be ranked in the near future. I think that would go a long way in showing future prospects the quality of the program. 

I just looked on 247 and since 11/23 (1 week), there have been 42 decommits. Speaks volumes of the process as it currently stands. They get pressured to commit early then change their mind as necessary based upon who is in their ear at that time. I wouldn’t want to be a recruiter that’s for sure!

11 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

I just looked on 247 and since 11/23 (1 week), there have been 42 decommits. Speaks volumes of the process as it currently stands. They get pressured to commit early then change their mind as necessary based upon who is in their ear at that time. I wouldn’t want to be a recruiter that’s for sure!

Decommits to UB or across all programs?