Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Two commits in one day!

Pretty sure one might be Floyd Dozier out of Florida. Not sure if the other one is necessarily a linebacker, but i saw Jamari Gassett out of Tampa announced he was committing on Saturday Around the same time the coaches tweets came out. Could be him. All just speculation on my end though. 

11 minutes ago, Bill said:

Pretty sure one might be Floyd Dozier out of Florida. Not sure if the other one is necessarily a linebacker, but i saw Jamari Gassett out of Tampa announced he was committing on Saturday Around the same time the coaches tweets came out. Could be him. All just speculation on my end though. 

Gassett has a long list of offers.  Several P5.  Same with Dozier.   Hope you are right.     I don't really care so much about the stars, it is the list of offers.  It is one thing to rank a player on a sheet...it is another thing to make him an offer.   Not necessarily group-think, but crowd-sourcing, so to speak.  

2 hours ago, UB92 said:

Gassett has a long list of offers.  Several P5.  Same with Dozier.   Hope you are right.     I don't really care so much about the stars, it is the list of offers.  It is one thing to rank a player on a sheet...it is another thing to make him an offer.   Not necessarily group-think, but crowd-sourcing, so to speak.  

Agreed, stars are for team recruiting rankings, offers mean a lot more. I think 247 changed their system to grade fewer to 5 stars and 2 stars, increasing the numbers of 4 and 3 star ranked players.

1 minute ago, RecoveringHillbilly said:

Agreed, stars are for team recruiting rankings, offers mean a lot more. I think 247 changed their system to grade fewer to 5 stars and 2 stars, increasing the numbers of 4 and 3 star ranked players.

Where did you see that? 

8 minutes ago, Gxtrex said:

Where did you see that? 

There was a huge flap over a fake recruit profile last season so these sites have tried to do better. The number of 5 star grades have dropped a bit from a few years ago. And the number of 3 star graded players has increased. It is hard to believe in years past when UB had a majority of 2 star players, several of whom became All-MAC/NFL, that now nearly all in our 2021 class are 3 stars. But no doubt, based on total offers, 2021 may still be our most productive class ever.

42 minutes ago, Bill said:

From an Illinois beat reporter (in final five for Gassett as well). Take it as you will

9F5E34C8-C754-4FE4-A0AF-D8C1C6058E38.jpeg

A pickup of another solid HS receiver from Florida really speaks volumes of our recruiting process and the targeting of our coaches. They obviously see potential in our overall offensive game plan. Juggernaut running game with a top offensive line could give quality receivers numerous opportunities to make big plays. I am very impressed with what Coach Leipold and his staff has done the last several years. They have had a plan and been able to keep most of their coaching staff. That stability looks good to recruits that have the right people in their ear. Go Bulls! Let's bring Jamari into the corral. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

WR Jamari Gassett, Buffalo commit – Gassett might end up being a complete steal for the Bulls. He has caught six passes for 216 yards and two scores in two games at Tampa Bay Tech while also returning a punt 87 yards for another touchdown. The speedster went 10.92 in the 100-meter dash back in February.”

That time would have been good for 10th place at last year’s MAC championship final.  

https://247sports.com/college/buffalo/LongFormArticle/College-football-recruiting-top-performers-Florida-high-school-football-151776478/#151776478_6

http://crossroadstiming.com/results/2019/MAC-Championships/results_1.html#round_1