Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Season Opener - Delaware State Hornets 6PM

admin

Only 8 days to go for the season opener.  The game will be at UB Stadium and will stream on ESPN3.

Don't know much about the Hornets, but looks like they really struggled last year.  They finished the year at 2-9.  One of the ugly losses was a 77-6 loss at the end of the year to Florida State.  Strange to see last game of the year against Florida State.

I expect us to fully dominate this game.  Hopefully Tyree and Anthony Johnson can get their numbers and rest in the 2nd half.  I'm going with 55 - 10

Predictions for a crowd?  I would think 18,000.

I think that the Bulls should do well in this game. Let's hope that the crowd shows up, especially the new 4,100 freshmen (hopefully staying past halftime!). Hopefully the pre-season hype gets the local crowd out as well, even though the final summer weekend may reduce it a little. 

2 biggest things that need to happen in this game:

- Win handily - that's always a given

- Stay healthy - can't lose guys in an opener, especially against an opponent like this.

I'll be there! Can't wait. Been following the game on ticketmaster to get an idea on how the tickets are moving (although I know it's not precise). Looks like seats are moving pretty well. Nothing crazy but you never know how many people will show up day of. Hoping for a nice crowd with all the hype. Let's get the blowout. Go bulls.

UB Game notes: -> http://ubbulls.com/sports/fball/2018-19/releases/20180828o6e5wd

Full print version -> https://d2o2figo6ddd0g.cloudfront.net/b/y/zen0dki372grln/gamenotes_delstate_2018.pdf

Some highlights from the 2 deep

• Emmanuel Reed starts over Hawkins at RB.  Good decision, although you don't lose your job because of injury, Reed has been the better back when he plays.  Reed hits the hole hard and just goes.  I am not giving up on Hawkins just yet, but I hope the backup role serves him well this year.  Hopefully he can break out.
  • Surprising true freshman James Patterson starts at LB.  Says he had 180 tackles as a senior which is insane.  Before Khalil Hodge broke all types of records in tackles, there was Justin Winters.  Well I read that Winters coached Patterson in HS, so I hope Patterson can produce like his former coach.  Winters was a small LB who overachieved.  Patterson is much bigger.
  • We're starting with a 3 WR set.  We all know about Johnson.  I really like KH Osborn on the other side.  I expect him to have a big season with all the attention that will be paid on AJ.  George Rushing or Nunn are switching off.  Looking forward to seeing what Rushing can do.  The Wisconsin transfer is bouncing back from injury, but he's had enough time to be full strength.
  • We have 2 newcomers in the OL.  Paul Nosworthy and Kayode Awosika.
  • We have really good experience in the secondary.  Lewis and Slack should be good.  They weren't good as underclassmen, but I'm glad we went through the growing pains with them.  Defense looks really good with a lot of upperclassmen across the board.
  • Adam Mitcheson is in his last year at UB.  He's been an average kicker.  Hope he can make some long kicks and consistently make his XP.
  • KJ goes back there as the return man.  I'm predicting he takes at least a couple back this year.  When was the last time we had a dynamic return game?  I can only think back to Naaman's days.  Those were some exciting times every time we got the ball back.