Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Dartmouth @ #22 UB (11/21 - 7 ET)

Jeseph

The team needs to shoot better than 39%. They haven't hit a shot outside of CJ. 

I want an offensive explosion. Dartmouth has stats completed skewed by 2 non-D1 teams. 

They beat Loyola MD who then went to get crushed by to Detriot Mercy. They did lose to Davidson on the road, who was on the verged of being ranked before their loss at Purdue. Dartmouth only lost by 3. 

Could be a scary game, wish we scheduled a bit more of cupcake game, this one is at LEAST in the mold of SF (PA). 

Marist on Friday should be a true tune-up. 

Edited by Kevin

I will start with: winning never gets old.  No matter who, no matter how.

A team like Dartmouth, much like St. Francis, is going to have a chance in a matchup like this if they're hitting their outside shots.  They didn't early, and fell in a hole; hit some for a while and caught up; UB clamped down the defense in the second half (as they are often able to) and pulled away.  I really like how they're willing and able to keep up the intensity over the course of a game like this.  I also liked that the shooting was better, and that they took the ball to the hoop often.  The team has so much depth that we're rolling 4-star recruits in garbage time.

Graves - more impressive play at both ends of the floor from #3.  He brings the intensity at all times.
Dontay - finishes more of his shots this year than before.
Segu and Williams - confident, athletic players with a long reach around the basket
Jordan - was so smooth going to the hoop tonight. Dartmouth had no answer for this.

Dartmouth had two crazy three pointers, one banked in from near the sideline and another that popped up off the top of the backboard. They used up that luck early.  They actually seemed to have a good size matchup against the Bulls, but UB was just a lot quicker and more talented.  I was happy with the size of the crowd tonight - Buffalo likes to complain about how this town doesn't often see winning teams, well here's one, they're ranked, now's as good a time as ever to show up.  No students or band, which I kinda understand except how much of the student body is local.  I tend to think that most of the end zone is made up of people on-campus, but still, you have a ranked team to see.  It made for an entertained but not all that lively crowd tonight.

Seen in the men's room along the track between the end zone and the sideline: the piled up banners of all the other MAC teams that used to hang up on the wall.  Why they were on the men's room floor?  Maybe because it was the closest place to where they were?  Still, it seemed an odd place to find these.

Wow. It is amazing watching this team. My girlfriend asked me if Dartmouth was Division II or III. We just simply are playing at a level that we haven't seen before.

Highlights for me:

1. Driving the lane. Our Bulls made it look easy tonight driving to the basket. They knew this going in but they have to have a confidence boost after this game moving forward. 

2. Jordan. I cant believe how much he has improved from last year. He looks so much more at ease on offense. His defense is incredible

3. The freshman. Rondo and Williams showed some talent last night. They are going to be absolutely incredible Bulls players. After one Rondo drive to the basket where he did a step back and made it. I couldn't help but say, we are going to be very good for the next couple years if we have this talent (and coach)

4. Students and band make an impact. I like how the Cheerleaders stepped up after the first ten minutes of it being quiet. People in my section (200's) were ready to scream our heads off but we didnt have direction. We ended up getting into it the second half. We will make it the norm from tip off.

Let's keep the ball rolling. Hope CJs injury gets better and it isnt season impacting. Onto Marist