Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Goodbye Columbus

Honest question. If we push the season back to 2021, what happens to the seniors who would be seniors this year? Are they eligible next year as 5th year seniors and wouldn’t the roster be made up of more players with the incoming freshmen this year plus next years freshmen class? Anyone know how that will work? 

43 minutes ago, MKBullsfan said:

Honest question. If we push the season back to 2021, what happens to the seniors who would be seniors this year? Are they eligible next year as 5th year seniors and wouldn’t the roster be made up of more players with the incoming freshmen this year plus next years freshmen class? Anyone know how that will work? 

That will be decided by the NCAA.

• 2 weeks later...

The NCAA has added the opportunity to play week 0, games beginning August 29th. And it will allow 2 FCS games to count toward bowl eligibility.

Some rumblings from the Big12 is potentially a conference-only schedule beginning the 29th. But for now their non-conference games are on. Nothing yet from the MAC, NEC, or Army West Point. So if things go forward I could see us grabbing a game with someone like JMU, who wants to continue play. Or a new FBS team. If MAC goes conference only, I'm ok with that. Prove we are the best in the MAC gauntlet, not just East champ.

I’m hoping we can do what the ACC is doing, all MAC teams are closer together and not located in the south (where the pandemic is hitting hard). With that said I believe it should be possible to have a conference schedule played this fall, if teams test adequately and take certain precautions if a player tests positive 

2 hours ago, Dabulls said:

I’m hoping we can do what the ACC is doing, all MAC teams are closer together and not located in the south (where the pandemic is hitting hard). With that said I believe it should be possible to have a conference schedule played this fall, if teams test adequately and take certain precautions if a player tests positive 

Except that Ohio and Indiana require 14 day quarantines coming to or for UB returning to New York.

The only other schools that I think you be can play would be independents UConn and UMass.  As far as schools in conferences I think only Pitt, Syracuse and BC are available without quarantine requirements.

Big 12 announces 9 conference games + 1 home non-conference. Now just wait and see if it will be K State or K State would rather host North Dakota, as the MVFC is just waiting to see what the FBS conferences choose. Or MAC goes all conference. I'd bet on MAC going all conference +1, +1 being Army the simplest outcome for us.

9 minutes ago, RecoveringHillbilly said:

Big 12 announces 9 conference games + 1 home non-conference. Now just wait and see if it will be K State or K State would rather host North Dakota, as the MVFC is just waiting to see what the FBS conferences choose. Or MAC goes all conference. I'd bet on MAC going all conference +1, +1 being Army the simplest outcome for us.

And then they can try to figure out what to do about quarantining for every game except Army and Western Michigan.