Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Will There Be A Season?

lederh94

If lucky, my guess is conference only and no games until January. A lot will depend on how Ohio, Michigan, Illinois and Indiana are controlling the virus.  If there are travel restrictions UB may not be able to play.  Key to watch is Syracuse, if the ACC does not come to its senses.  What has to be done for their games with schools on the travel restrictions list.

I agree conference only is scenario where they play...Unfortunately I think no basketball a real possibility.  A real optimistic version could be a regional holiday tournament with Syracuse, Bona, Buffalo and Siena ( Vermont or Umass)  ok that last one won't happen.  I can dream can't I?

1 hour ago, DocCas86 said:

I agree conference only is scenario where they play...Unfortunately I think no basketball a real possibility.  A real optimistic version could be a regional holiday tournament with Syracuse, Bona, Buffalo and Siena ( Vermont or Umass)  ok that last one won't happen.  I can dream can't I?

I like this idea. We can throw Pitt, Albany, etc as well

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/12/2020 at 1:39 PM, DocCas86 said:

At least there are enough D-1 schools in the Northeast you could put together a very nice schedule. A few home-and-homes thrown in.

20 minutes ago, Gxtrex said:

Are they doing non conference? Have they said anything about that yet 

Unless the NCAA makes a rule change the answer has to be yes.  Teams need to play 25 games to be eligible for the tournament.  So that means they will need to add at least 2 games to the schedule (conference champ plays three more games in Cleveland).

21 minutes ago, 121Merrimac said:

I do feel bad for the local fanbase.  But, it sounds like just another season for those who live out of town. 
On a brighter note, I saw the NCAA said they are planning for a tournament next March. 

I haven't missed a home game in many years (Men or women) and it would be much less eventful simply watching from a far.  Hopefully it is not the case...and I won't sit there masked up, as that wouldn't bring any joy either. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Gxtrex said:

https://sports.yahoo.com/reports-ncaa-basketball-season-to-tip-off-in-late-november-213142008.html

The NCAA has approved a plan to start the college basketball season on Nov. 25, according to multiple reports.

This story and stories about playing in bubbles - got me thinking about potential mini - 4 team bubbles with rankings from barttorvik.com (FWIW)

St. Bonaventure (#77 - A10); Buffalo (#147 - MAC), Canisius (#196 - MAAC) and Niagara (#239 - MAAC) - recent events not withstanding

Fordham (#137 - A10), Siena (#144 - MAAC), Buffalo (#147 - MAC ), and Colgate (#166 - Patriot)

Vermont (#75 - AE); Pittsburgh (#95 - ACC); UMass(#126 - A10) and Buffalo  (#147 - MAC)

Other teams that could be swapped in Duquesne (#80 - A10); Youngstown St (#202 - Horizon); or Cleveland State (#203 - Horizon)