Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Report: UB Men's Hoops Player Involved in Stabbing

Jeseph

10 minutes ago, mikescherrer8 said:

Kick him off the team and get it over and done with. That kind of behavior is inexcusable. STABBING someone??? Utter stupidity.

And he stabbed someone over a basketball game. Not like it was self defense.  It looks like he already was kicked off the team but has not been expelled. Could we fill the empty scholarship? 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MKBullsfan said:

Sad. Can we fill his scholarship or do we just lose the scholarship for the year?

I don't believe that they could, but even so, do you think there'd be anyone out there worthwhile at this point? Especially considering the uncertainty of the season anyway, just press forward with what they've got. Very sad.

Wonder what team mates were also involved. There are 2 sides to every story.

Also why was the trash talk about how canisus offered him in 8th grade so hurtful? That's what small and mid majors do with local/semi local kids that will be potential high caliber players

So many questions to this story

Hope all involved learn from it and heal from injuries

5 minutes ago, Tee4three said:

Wonder what team mates were also involved. There are 2 sides to every story.

Also why was the trash talk about how canisus offered him in 8th grade so hurtful? That's what small and mid majors do with local/semi local kids that will be potential high caliber players

So many questions to this story

Hope all involved learn from it and heal from injuries

I was wondering the same about who else involved and whether there will be further suspensions or disciplinary actions.

2 hours ago, DocCas86 said:

I was wondering the same about who else involved and whether there will be further suspensions or disciplinary actions.

I would have figured it would have came out if there were other suspensions.

Maybe a game or 2 depending on what actually happened

I also wonder what this does to future games with the griffs. Its been somewhat heated with them going back to nate oats this is their super bowl comment

I’m hearing more and more that Zachery was jumped and outnumbered and that no knife is proven to be involved. I hope everyone who was hurt is ok but if the story plays out more to MZs favor I hope there is some vindication for being falsely accused as the assailant.

Bad for WNY hoops all around.

He has been released on his own recognizance.   There were two charges.  Assault in the second degree a Class D felony.  The second is criminal possession of weapon. A class A misdemeanor.

A class D Felony has a maximum sentence of 7 years.  The minimum is anywhere from 1 year t to two and one third years.

A Class A misdemeanor has a maximum of 364 days.

In situations like this sentences will normally run concurrently although consecutive terms are possible.

His next court date is October 15, 2020.  As of now his case is being heard in North Tonawanda City Court.  If the Niagara County District Attorney decides to move forward with the felony charge the case will have to be presented to a Grand Jury.  If indicted the case will move to either Niagara County Supreme Court or Niagara County Court.

• 1 month later...

Case adjourned until December 10, 2020.  The case is still in North Tonawanda City Court.  If the Niagara County District Attorney intends to prosecute as a felony, there will have to be an indictment from a grand jury and then the case will move to either Niagara County Court or Niagara County Supreme Court.