Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

UB vs. NIU - MAC Championship Game (11/30 - 7pm)

Jeseph

• Jeseph pinned this topic
47 minutes ago, ubmae86 said:

I remember traveling to that 2008 championship game. It was such an amazing trip, especially since Ball State was ranked 22 I think. I wish I could make this one. Have fun guys!!

Go Bulls!

I believe that the undefeated Ball State team was ranked 12th. That was the best UB football game ever! Hopefully this year's version eclipses it!

• Like 2

Congrats to the entire team. After a downer of a game against Ohio the team showed what they are made of with their game plan and effort. Just a great continuation of UB sports success with both the basketball teams and the tennis team and so on. Looking to be at Ford Field to see another great game and team win. Go Bulls!!!!

Missed the last game (2008).  Dar and I were in Kansas City for the Big XII Championship (and saw Sam Bradford and the Sooners beat the be-jumpin' out of Booger Daniel and the Mizzou Tigers).  We did get the bar tender at a sports bar just down the street from our hotel to turn the game on for us.  We cheered so loudly that by the end of the game, better than half the patrons there were cheering for UB!

This time we will see UB win a MAC Championship in person!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John said:

Not sure what NIU team we will see??? They were 7-5 overall. Beat Ohio 24-21. Lost their last two games Miami(Oh) 13-7 and Western MIchigan 28-21. Who are the players that we should be concerned about??? Go Bulls!!!!

I think NIU were more of a stout defensive team this season and good rushing attack. Didn’t they win a game at BYU 7-6 ?!?   As long as their running back isn’t named A.J. Oulette we should be ok!

I saw a post on our board that Cheli's was going to be closed (for good, I guess) before the MACC game - you might want to check on that. Some NIU fans used to go there, some of them also go to Hockeytown which is nearby (I have not gone there).

NIU has placed way too much reliance on their defense all year, as the offense is anemic. And that's putting it nicely. The run game isn't too bad, but the passing game is non-existent. We also don't seem to play well overall at Ford Field, for whatever reason. I was surprised that the line came out at Buffalo -4 as I thought they'd be favored by more. Possibly I put too much weight on the last 2 games when the division was already decided, I don't know. But they were depressing games to watch, at least on offense.

4 minutes ago, niu007 said:

I saw a post on our board that Cheli's was going to be closed (for good, I guess) before the MACC game - you might want to check on that. Some NIU fans used to go there, some of them also go to Hockeytown which is nearby (I have not gone there).

NIU has placed way too much reliance on their defense all year, as the offense is anemic. And that's putting it nicely. The run game isn't too bad, but the passing game is non-existent. We also don't seem to play well overall at Ford Field, for whatever reason. I was surprised that the line came out at Buffalo -4 as I thought they'd be favored by more. Possibly I put too much weight on the last 2 games when the division was already decided, I don't know. But they were depressing games to watch, at least on offense.

Welcome to the board.

I see we're both a little let down by the way some of our season's played out. Trying to just appreciate the opportunity to play for a MAC Title and get excited for this one. Here's to a injury-free game from both teams heading into the bowls!

3 minutes ago, Jeseph said:

Welcome to the board.

I see we're both a little let down by the way some of our season's played out. Trying to just appreciate the opportunity to play for a MAC Title and get excited for this one. Here's to a injury-free game from both teams heading into the bowls!

Yep, I just want to see a good game without injuries. At least this one will be indoors (Brrrrr).