Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Top 25 Votes 2020 Season

BrooklynBull

• 2 weeks later...

I don’t post often, but this is a milestone worth acknowledging.  With all that is happening in the world, and locally in Buffalo in the midst of Bills hysteria, it’s easy for an accomplishment like this to go relatively unnoticed.  A top 25 ranking of any kind was almost unimaginable as recently as a few years ago, to say nothing of when we dropped football 50 years ago.  Hopefully, we can continue to raise the bar in all sports and maintain a level representative of UB's standing as a university.  That will be a major challenge, of course, but no more so than the challenges faced in getting to this point from our humble beginnings.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, BrooklynBull said:

Finished the season 25th in the AP poll.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/rankings/ap/

34th in the Coaches' Poll (Ball State 30th)

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/rankings/coaches/

UB actually finished 25th in the Coaches Poll as well.  CBS had the poll listed with updated records for Alabama and Ohio State, but it was still the poll from before the bowl games.

UB is also getting more ink in the Buffalo News and local TV. Awareness of the program has never been higher. They need to build on that. They need to play a game at Bills Stadium again. Maybe Thanksgiving Friday like last time. I don't know why but Bills fans won't go to UB stadium but they'll come to Orchard Park.

2 hours ago, promotherobot said:

UB is also getting more ink in the Buffalo News and local TV. Awareness of the program has never been higher. They need to build on that. They need to play a game at Bills Stadium again. Maybe Thanksgiving Friday like last time. I don't know why but Bills fans won't go to UB stadium but they'll come to Orchard Park.

Very expensive to play there, especially if it snows before the game, like the last time.

On 1/13/2021 at 10:24 AM, BrooklynBull said:

Very expensive to play there, especially if it snows before the game, like the last time.

I thought the Bills gave use of the stadium at no charge? But UB had to cover operational costs. I know snow removal killed them last time. But they drew 26K to that one BGSU game on Thanksgiving Friday. That's the 2nd or 3rd largest home crowd ever. I still think it's worth doing. Bills fans won't go to UB Stadium.