10. Anton Ricumstrict - DE/6'5"/225 - MICHIGAN

11. Janik Ogunlade - OL/6'5"/275 - MARYLAND

12. Ali Fisher - WR/6'1"/190 - MICHIGAN

13. Brian Plummer - QB/6'4"/205 - MARYLAND

14. Matthew Pajuste - OL/6'4"/280 - PENNSYLVANIA

15. Rowan McGwin - OL/6'6"/280 - NEW YORK

16. Christopher King - DE/6'3"/235 - NEW JERSEY

17. Jibrahn Claude - S/6'0"/185 - GEORGIA

We lost Artez Hooker - WR to FIU. Maybe he wanted to stay closer to home or was concerned coming to a run-first offense. We are very heavy on OL, which is great to keep that train moving, very large individuals too, hopefully they have the skills to go with it. A few nice offensive pieces and some backed D help, which would be welcome. A few new pass rushers too. Overall, a solid group so far.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

Here are the early signees per Twitter at of 9am EST:

1. Nolan Gorczyca - OL/6'6"/275 - NEBRASKA

2. Carson Williams - TE/6'5"/230 - IOWA

3. Rowan McGwin - OL/6'6"/280 - NEW YORK

4. DeMarco Cuffey - CB/6'0"/180 - FLORIDA

5. Mike Washington - RB/6'2"/205 - NEW YORK

6. Floyd Dozier - DT/6'2"/285 - FLORIDA

7. Jaillen Howze - LB/6'1"/220 - MICHIGAN

8. Quillen Howze - CB/6'0"/180 - MICHIGAN

9. Al-Jay Henderson - RB-LB/6'0"/195 - NEW JERSEY

10. Anton Ricumstrict - DE/6'5"/225 - MICHIGAN

11. Janik Ogunlade - OL/6'5"/275 - MARYLAND

12. Ali Fisher - WR/6'1"/190 - MICHIGAN

13. Brian Plummer - QB/6'4"/205 - MARYLAND

14. Matthew Pajuste - OL/6'4"/280 - PENNSYLVANIA

15. Rowan McGwin - OL/6'6"/280 - NEW YORK

16. Christopher King - DE/6'3"/235 - NEW JERSEY

17. Jibrahn Claude - S/6'0"/185 - GEORGIA

We lost Artez Hooker - WR to FIU. Maybe he wanted to stay closer to home or was concerned coming to a run-first offense. We are very heavy on OL, which is great to keep that train moving, very large individuals too, hopefully they have the skills to go with it. A few nice offensive pieces and some backed D help, which would be welcome. A few new pass rushers too. Overall, a solid group so far.

And another set of twins on the Howze brothers, let's hope for more great things from these two!

5 hours ago, loveub1 said:

No signing day press conference or anything? I remember back in Turner Gill & Jeff Quinn’s days.. they used to have a press conference with highlights of the recruits etc. 

My guess is due to prep for MACC in Detroit, the virtual press conferences, practices, travel, getting ready - just a paper release and then maybe a virtual press conference later - And yes back in the Gill/Quinn days the MACC game was weeks past and this time was a lull in UB Football. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, myBuffalo said:

My guess is due to prep for MACC in Detroit, the virtual press conferences, practices, travel, getting ready - just a paper release and then maybe a virtual press conference later - And yes back in the Gill/Quinn days the MACC game was weeks past and this time was a lull in UB Football. 

Also in the Gill - Quinn era the only signing day was in February.

• Like 1

I’m surprised people aren’t talking about this signing class more. It’s without question the best in our history, and by a lot. Here’s to hoping Leipold sticks around because if he does we’ll be outrecruiting the entire MAC soon. The couple WRs going elsewhere isn’t all that surprising considering we throw 7 times per game lol. 

I like this class a lot.  I am a big fan of OL recruits (no pun intended).  The game is hinged on the quality of the guys in the trenches.  If we can get these tall kids to add about 20-30 good pounds each, we will be in fantastic shape moving forward.

The balance of this class is also very impressive.

Nicely done UB!

9 hours ago, UB05 said:

I’m surprised people aren’t talking about this signing class more. It’s without question the best in our history, and by a lot. Here’s to hoping Leipold sticks around because if he does we’ll be outrecruiting the entire MAC soon. The couple WRs going elsewhere isn’t all that surprising considering we throw 7 times per game lol. 

I know we are ranked 5th in the MAC, but I would agree we got 16 quality recruits. In years past, if we got 1 or 2 3-stars that was huge. Now are getting everyone as 3's with a a single 2-star in there. Terrific balance and great coverage in high school football power states. Well done LL and Co.!