Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

2020 MAC Championship Game - Ball State @ #23 Buffalo (12/13 7:30pm)

Jeseph

• Jeseph changed the title to 2020 MAC Championship Game - Ball State @ #23 Buffalo (12/13 7:30pm)

Most other UB MAC title games in sports had me nervous as it got closer to game-time. This one gives me the same feelings before the 2019 UB men's basketball title game. Yeah, respect for BGSU, but UB Men were ranked and stronger. For this one, respect for Ball State, but UB football is ranked and stronger.

The BSU board is a mix of hope and others just happy to be here...kinda like how we were in 2008. Just as fans of other teams UB has played it has been "pack the box", "cause turnovers" and "UB played weak teams", it just hasn't worked against this UB team. BSU has many All MAC defenders, but so do we. JP doesn't care about your 8 in the box. The OL does not let Vantrease be touched, we don't turn the ball over, and our Special teams are actually decent for a change.

Just now, Ivantheturrible said:

After giving it a few minutes, I’ve realized that we’re two fluke plays from a tie game, Patterson and Marks can go off for big runs at any time, and KVT has been playing his best ever, this game is not over and still well within reach. Just need the defense to get some stops and we’re right back in it!

The offense is definitely not the problem thus far.  The turnover was huge, yes, but for the most part they've moved the ball all game, and have passed the ball well given Ball State selling out to stop the run.  The defense just has no answers right now.