Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

UB men's basketball pausing all activities due to Coronavirus

The Michael Jordan "flu game" never should've happened. The game probably should've been postponed. If one player or "tier 1 personnel" gets covid and the team needs to stop for days/weeks, there will never be any semblance of a season. That goes for UB and for anyone else. It just can't work mathematically if stoppages continue to occur. Maybe once UB returns, their MAC opponent has to stop, then another. It's a never ending cycle at this rate.

Is there one positive test or multiple positive tests?  The Buffalo News article makes it sound like it was one positive test of Tier-1 personnel.  And the quote out of Syracuse regarding their Notre Dame cancellation said it was "due to members of the Buffalo basketball teams testing positive".

It doesn't change anything but I'm just curious because in football, it seems like there have been several positives on various teams nationwide and they continue playing...until they run out of depth and then have to cancel.  I realize football has much larger teams so maybe that's why.

23 minutes ago, UB05 said:

Are we still on to play this Saturday? I think I saw Segu tweet about starting up again. It feels like forever since we’ve had a game

I am seeing that game is still on the schedule.  However, Ball State cancelled game on Tuesday due to Covid protocols.  Here is excerpt from Western Michigan suggesting issue with Ball State

Due to COVID-19 protocols within the Ball State men's basketball program, the Western Michigan men's basketball game at Ball State scheduled for Tuesday, Jan. 5 has been postponed.

The two teams will work on a date to reschedule the game. WMU's next contest is set for Saturday, Jan. 9 on the road at Kent State.

So we may have to wait  longer.