Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Jim Boehin never wants to face UB again

bmb2jn

3 minutes ago, bmb2jn said:

I grew up an SU fan due to my proximity, but how the mighty have fallen. He knows in his soul they should have lost the game, unfortunately our team hasn't learned how to finish yet. A loss and a too close call significantly would affect his recruiting. No chance we play them while he is still the coach. No trash talking was involved.

• Like 1

I smell bs. Boeheim knows UB is getting better and can recruit good players now. He can't take another chance at playing Buffalo and see it being close. We aren't Le Moyne College that can help stack his win total. A loss or close win by Cuse looks poorly on Boeheim by the Cuse alumni who see Buffalo as a walk over. But the good news is, Boeheim won't be coaching for that much longer. What is he 85 now? But he is still chasing the all-time coaching win total. He needs to retire.

• Like 1

That’s not a good look for Coach Boeheim. if teenage athletes are talking junk on the court, it’s hardly out of the norm. I’m not excusing something that may have been said, but for Coach Boeheim to say that he will not play Buffalo again is a bit harsh. I’m sure it has nothing to do with some dominating play by the Bulls. 

Lets see, four years played recently, one win, and two close game and a loss.  When Buffalo win a few years the were crowned "The Kings of New York".  That is what he is afraid. I told my wife about the trash talk, she commented does not anybody do that. He cant take a team so close getting as good or better than SU. Gear motivation for UB.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, HOWARD 71 said:

Lets see, four years played recently, one win, and two close game and a loss.  When Buffalo win a few years the were crowned "The Kings of New York".  That is what he is afraid. I told my wife about the trash talk, she commented does not anybody do that. He cant take a team so close getting as good or better than SU. Gear motivation for UB.

I agree, trash talk happens in every basketball game. 

If we are being honest, why would SU what to play us? It is a high risk, low reward game. If they beat us "they were supposed to", if they lose then it looks bad for them. While I don't think it has happened yet, there is a real chance that we eventually could compete for good recruits with them. To my knowledge, Jeenathan wasn't recruited by SU, but he was a top 100 recruit from Rochester. If we continue to play SU close and/or beating them, those games could be the deciding factor for someone like that. Until we get out of the MAC, they won't want to play us.

28 minutes ago, SGBull said:

I agree, trash talk happens in every basketball game. 

If we are being honest, why would SU what to play us? It is a high risk, low reward game. If they beat us "they were supposed to", if they lose then it looks bad for them. While I don't think it has happened yet, there is a real chance that we eventually could compete for good recruits with them. To my knowledge, Jeenathan wasn't recruited by SU, but he was a top 100 recruit from Rochester. If we continue to play SU close and/or beating them, those games could be the deciding factor for someone like that. Until we get out of the MAC, they won't want to play us.

He was offered by Cuse

• Haha 1

I'll take complaints about sportsmanship and morality from some coaches - John Wooden etc. - but not Jim freaking Boeheim.

I'll echo the thoughts of the others here - in purely basketball terms, there is nothing to be gained from Syracuse's perspective from continuing to play UB and everything to lose.  If I'm SU, I'll take a game against an opponent that I only play at home and handily defeat 49 times out of 50 (or more).  But not a team that's from a lower conference, in the same state, that's going to win 1 out of 5 maybe and is going to play you straight-up every time.  For the same reason Kansas always refused to play Wichita State. 

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
On 12/25/2020 at 2:13 PM, sdubyas said:

Hahaha!  What a loser.  UB has gotten better.  Boehei  and Syrexcuse do not want any  Upstate rival That might cut in to their revenues.   I am sure no other players on any other team ever talk trash!!

I hear Colgate is now on the naughty list.

• Like 1