• #2 Michigan lost
  • #9 VT lost
  • #14 lost
  • #17 NC State lost
  • #18 Ole Miss lost
  • #4 Virginia Lost to Duke but beat VT
  • #8 Texas Tech lost (2x)
  • #11 Florida State lost (2x)

USF/Marquette both won twice. Should help the SOS too. 

No more 0 loss teams, only 6 1 loss teams in the country

UB is up to 3rd in home winning streak at 20. 

I mean UB should be #14 heading into this week. 

Edited by Kevin
  • Like 1

Poll Watch:

Buffalo will move up in the polls once again this week. The question is, how far? 

They should jump Florida State, Auburn and Texas Tech. Virginia Tech and Kansas will fall but probably not far enough for the Bulls to pass them.

With that said, my expectation is for UB to rise to 13th in Monday’s AP Poll.

Big 4 Update: 716 taking notice of UB Bulls

I don’t understand how some voters can comfortably put Nevada in their top 10, but put UB in the 16 to 22 range.

Nevada’s best win this year was @ Fresno State and they got crushed by a bad New Mexico team. I’m not saying Nevada is a bad team, but UB has a similar if not better resume

• Like 1

Win out this week with two clean road victories we may very well be a top 10 team.  Here are some keep games to keep an eye on this week:

Monday:

13 Maryland at 6 MSU

10 VT at 11 UNC

24 Iowa State at 9 Kansas

Tuesday:

22 Mississippi State at 8 Kentucky

14 Texas Tech at Kansas State

Thursday:

6 Michigan State at 19 Iowa

21 NC State at 23 Louisville

Friday:

5 Michigan at Indiana

Saturday:

24 ISU at 20 Ole Miss

3 Virginia at Notre Dame

WVU at 1 Tennessee

9 Kansas at 8 Kentucky

Syracuse  at 9 VT

16 Auburn at 22 Mississippi State

-------

Teams that could pass us from behind this week based on their upcoming games:

Auburn, Iowa State, Ole Miss, NC State, Louisville, Iowa

My guess? If we go 2-0 this week and win at least one game easily we will be #11 at the very worst come this time next week.  Media hype will pick up substantially. With all the top 25 match ups this week we have a big time chance this week.  LETS GET IT DONE!!

Also go Cuse and WVU!

Edited by hurley

#10 and 13 both go down tonight.

Teams are going to lose throughout the season. We just need to focus on our games. To be honest, as fun as it is to watch the other games (top 25 games more than I probably ever have in the past), in the end, it only matter if UB takes care of their own business. This is a tough couple of weeks, many road games, and no game is ever easy in league play. NIU is a veteran squad, with a star player. It's not going to be easy, especially on that God-awful court! I'm excited for the game. Let's get to 8pm already. Go Bulls!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, promotherobot said:

The problem is losing to other ranked teams won't make then fall much if at all.

Definitely true but if we keep winning we can start to make an argument to swap with teams above us based on record/road wins alone (even against lesser opponents).

I think we should be ranked around 20/21 unless we drop the Kent State game.  KenPom has us at 21 after the game, don't have access to the Real Time part of RealTimeRPI, but that should be about the same.  TONS of ranked teams are losing.

Edited by rma

5 minutes ago, UBigbobby said:

If they throttle Kent I think it's 50/50 if they stay ranked.  Yes, lots of ranked teams are losing.  Those ranked teams are not losing in front of 5 fans at NIU, however. 

NC State lost to 8-9 (1-4) Wake Forest and dropped 4 spots.

8 minutes ago, rma said:

NC State lost to 8-9 (1-4) Wake Forest and dropped 4 spots.

I agreed that UB SHOULDN'T fall far, however I think you're giving far too much credit to the media voters thinking they aren't that biased in favor of power conferences.  To Seth Davis in NYC who probably only watches the big games on national TV,  NC State already has more leway because of conference and brand, and they lost to an ACC team, and his opinion, a bad ACC team is worlds better then an "ok" MAC team.  The blue bloods and power conference teams can absorb losses more easily than an upstart mid-major.  I think that's just the reality.  If UB were in the Big Ten and lost to Illinois or something...sure, maybe they only drop 5 or 6 spots.  However...sadly...they're not, and to the media voters, that really does matter.

Edited by UBigbobby
  • Like 1