Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Ranking Status/Predictions

hurley

2 hours ago, rma said:

Just being realistic.  I'm happy we're still ranked, don't think we're a top 25 team though.  Hope we stay ranked.

Completely disagree.  One of the keys to the WBB team winning the 2016 MAC Tournament was a freshman, Gabi Bade, stepping up in the semifinals scoring 13 when (2018 All MAC 2nd Team) Stephanie Reid fouled out. 

We don't need to give them 25 minutes each, but they can't sit out the entire game.

Reread what I wrote. I said if they have real foul trouble, then they can play the freshmen. My point is we don’t need to be giving charity mins in the first or second half for the new players. If Jordan has to sit, Carruthers/CJ/Graves can run the point. Harris/Graves/CJ don’t foul out so they can play and work through their shooting woes especially Harris recently who just needs to shoot through it. He just just needs to find a rhythm. Bottom line - the good veteran players need to play now to get ready for tournament time. 

1 hour ago, MKBullsfan said:

Reread what I wrote. I said if they have real foul trouble, then they can play the freshmen. My point is we don’t need to be giving charity mins in the first or second half for the new players. If Jordan has to sit, Carruthers/CJ/Graves can run the point. Harris/Graves/CJ don’t foul out so they can play and work through their shooting woes especially Harris recently who just needs to shoot through it. He just just needs to find a rhythm. Bottom line - the good veteran players need to play now to get ready for tournament time. 

My point was more of saying that if we’re in foul trouble in Cleveland, we’re going to want somebody on the court who has some experience rather than somebody who has seen minimal time all season. 

31 minutes ago, sportscliche said:

This team has all the key components from last season except for one player — Wes Clark. Was he the respected, motivating senior leader who made everyone around him better? Is that key role-player missing on the 2018-19 team?

Harris has shot 27% from 3 against MAC this season compared with 46% last season. If he shoots even 37%, the Bulls win against BG. It’s not all on him. Other things wrong: turnovers, sloppy play, foul shooting, and playing like a sieve on defense. Perkins has virtually disappeared in some games. 

7 hours ago, Jeseph said:

Interesting, while I'm sure the makers are smarter than I - it seems to disagree with me on each pick lol

Ha!  (I saw that too, but wasn't going to say anything) 

I was surprised that they don't think we should root for St. Bonaventure to win.

7 hours ago, squire17 said:

I saved the link. It automatically saved as ‘Bubble team rooting guide’. That has an ominous ring to it.

Hopefully, if you switch to another team and then save, the automatic save name stays the same... and it isn't a reflection on UB.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rma said:

Odd, it says to root for Florida State over Syracuse.  Maybe it's saying that Syracuse is competing with us for a bubble spot?  Either way extremely odd.

Most of these dont make sense. It has to be factoring to eliminate all the possible teams instead of strengthing our wins

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Kevin said:

Most of these dont make sense. It has to be factoring to eliminate all the possible teams instead of strengthing our wins

And I'd argue at this point in the season we're better off rooting for our wins to look better than try to figure out what teams could possibly be on the bubble.  You can only start rooting against bubble teams in the conference tournament or maybe a week before.

• Like 1

So I was looking ahead at our updated team sheet (on reddit). I don’t want to overlook CMU on Saturday but hopefully we can crush them. Next week is going to be huge. At Akron is a Q2 matchup and at Toledo is currently a Q1 matchup. They could both be critical resume builders if we can go win. Let’s hope this team gets back on track

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, weareub46 said:

So I was looking ahead at our updated team sheet (on reddit). I don’t want to overlook CMU on Saturday but hopefully we can crush them. Next week is going to be huge. At Akron is a Q2 matchup and at Toledo is currently a Q1 matchup. They could both be critical resume builders if we can go win. Let’s hope this team gets back on track

Couldn’t agree more. We have to handle business at home tomorrow then things get interesting. Bc life on the road has been a whole new animal this year. I can’t say I expect to win on the road anymore but hopefully we win the next two then that Toledo matchup will be beyond huge. If we can win the next 3 games and get to the end of the month where we get 3 straight home games we can get on a big roll heading into March.

• Like 1

#25 Cincy if they beat Houston will give us the longest home win streak, but would also probably help them leap us in the rankings
#24 Maryland 15 point win at Nebraska probably leaps us.
#23 Buffalo Gritty 14 point win at home
#22 FSU destroyed Cuse at the dome, but is down 10 at home (vs #16 Louisville) I think we leap them.
#21 LSU escapes with two wins I think we stay behind them.
#20 Iowa beats Indiana hosts Northwestern
#19 Wisconsin won at Michigan loses by 9 at Michigan
#18 Texas Tech destroys WVU beats OU
#17 Iowa State beats Oklahoma loses by 9 at home

With a Cincy win (with a cincy loss):
#25 Iowa St (#24)
#24 FSU (#23)
#23 Wisconsin (#22)
#22 Buffalo (#21)
#21 Maryland (#20)
#20 LSU (#19)
#19 Cincy (NR)
#18 Iowa (#18)
#17 Texas Tech (#17)

Yea although I feel like we shouldn’t drop out idk... it could happen. FSU winning sucked. ISU losing at home to an unranked TCU is good but I don’t think they will drop far enough for us to pass them.  Wisconsin loses but to Michigan so I wouldn’t think they would move from 19 to below 23 but ya never know. 11 VT lost but they won’t fall anywhere near us. Nova lost to Marquette so they shouldn’t drop too far. Sucks auburn couldn’t top 21LSU and lost by 5. It’ll be interesting but I have my fingers crossed. Not enough happened near us 

2 hours ago, weareub46 said:

Yea although I feel like we shouldn’t drop out idk... it could happen. FSU winning sucked. ISU losing at home to an unranked TCU is good but I don’t think they will drop far enough for us to pass them.  Wisconsin loses but to Michigan so I wouldn’t think they would move from 19 to below 23 but ya never know. 11 VT lost but they won’t fall anywhere near us. Nova lost to Marquette so they shouldn’t drop too far. Sucks auburn couldn’t top 21LSU and lost by 5. It’ll be interesting but I have my fingers crossed. Not enough happened near us 

I personally think we need Houston, otherwise, we are 25th or 26th. Kansas State will be in there. Most likely for us unless Cincy loses.