Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Ranking Status/Predictions

hurley

1 hour ago, 121Merrimac said:

To me, the real fun of this continued run in the rankings will be years in the future... looking back at the conference record books and seeing that UB went X weeks longer than the next best run of only 11 consecutive weeks. 

Hopefully it also proves to be the expectation perhaps even the standard should Oats choose to pursue his dream and our hope.  

12 minutes ago, promotherobot said:

Dropping 2 spots after a win is tough to accept. Who's to say they won't vote us out even if we keep winning?

It could have something to do with us being down 18 at home and having to pull off a come back. Either way though its definitely discouraging

14 minutes ago, promotherobot said:

Dropping 2 spots after a win is tough to accept. Who's to say they won't vote us out even if we keep winning?

If we keep winning we won’t drop out. Plain and simple. I think the fact that we are still ranked shows the voters respect us and what we’ve done. However one more loss and we are definitely out. And once we are out it may be tough to get back in. But if we win both games this week that will enhance our resume and prolly raise us in the rankings. After all a win at Toledo would be a quad 1 win. Those are hard to come by for us and feathers in our cap once we get em.

Combine the fact that we lost to BG had a week off and were down 18 at home to CMU yea that’s not a good look. But we remained in the top 25...shows how far we have come.

Edited by DooleyBull06

2 hours ago, promotherobot said:

Teams around us in the rankings did really well. I think KSUs jump is way too extreme but they absolutely deserve to be ranked and have no issues with them being lower than us.

Theres a ton of tough games for teams around us this week. If we win both this week there’s no way we get kicked out IMO. At Toledo would be a q1 win, that’s huge 

• Like 1

Sure would hate to be a Louisville fan tonight. Up 23 on Duke, midway through the 2nd half on their home court...and lost!  It’s hard to compare teams in different venues and leagues, but I’d venture to say that UB would not have folded in a situation like this. Duke clanked a lot of shots in their comeback, but Louisville just completely collapsed in the face of full-court pressure.

34 minutes ago, sportscliche said:

Sure would hate to be a Louisville fan tonight. Up 23 on Duke, midway through the 2nd half on their home court...and lost!  It’s hard to compare teams in different venues and leagues, but I’d venture to say that UB would not have folded in a situation like this. Duke clanked a lot of shots in their comeback, but Louisville just completely collapsed in the face of full-court pressure.

Yea that’s gotta be brutalll. I’d rather the higher ranked team lose though. Closer to us. I feel especially bad for the guy that slipped and gave duke an easy 2. 

Penn state with a big upset but Michigan is way to high for that to matter much for us. Could be good for Marquette though which could be sorta better for us.

maryland bearing Purdue sucks for us since they are right in front of us. That’ll give them a bump. 

Sucks that LSU won on a controversial last second play. 

Too bad Texas couldn’t beat k-state but we will be k-state fans later in the week. 

About the only good thing that happened was Wisconsin lost at home but being as it was to #11 I don’t think it’s enough for them to drop below us. Now if they lose their next game I think to Illinois I’d expect us to leap them (assuming we beat Toledo which is no given of course)

5 minutes ago, yussi1870 said:

Yeah but a bad 21-3, not a good 21-3

A bad 21-3!!!!! In all the years of supporting UB basketball we should be jumping for joy at a 21-3 record. The excitement and the success this team has brought to our area is beyond anything we could have imagined. The number of fans supporting and talking proud is off the charts. Let’s enjoy the ride and not blow things out of perspective. Go Bulls!!!!!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jeseph said:

We're a bad 0-1 (NIU). I'll take the results in the rest of the 23 games...

Agree with you 100%. That one loss continues to look very bad. Overall a very good record. There are many teams that have had bad losses. Penn State beating Michigan!!!! That is college basketball and that is why they play the games. Go Bulls!!!!

35 minutes ago, yussi1870 said:

Yeah but a bad 21-3, not a good 21-3

I didn't know that there was such a thing as a "bad 21-3" when you've played against as many solid to strong opponents as we've had, most of which were on the road. In year's past, we were clamoring for 20 wins seasons once all of the games are played. Now we've got 10 or so games left and we're talking about "bad 21-3". That's silly.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, skrabukes said:

I didn't know that there was such a thing as a "bad 21-3" when you've played against as many solid to strong opponents as we've had, most of which were on the road. In year's past, we were clamoring for 20 wins seasons once all of the games are played. Now we've got 10 or so games left and we're talking about "bad 21-3". That's silly.

Well we went from beating teams by 30 to eeking out wins. All while shooting poorly and turning the ball over a lot.  That's a bad 21-3.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, promotherobot said:

Well we went from beating teams by 30 to eeking out wins. All while shooting poorly and turning the ball over a lot.  That's a bad 21-3.

If we eek out 10 more wins, we'll be a bad MAC champ and 16 more wins, we'll be a bad national champion. I'll take it.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, mikescherrer8 said:

Let the spoiled attitudes commence. 

Still do not understand how 21-3 is bad. Still there will always be some who want to criticize no matter what happens. All the years we were trying to be in the top tier in the MAC and here we are.Our family wants to enjoy this and hope it lasts for years to come.  Go Bulls!!!!

I don't think we've eeked out wins, I think obviously WVU was worse than the final score, Marquette was better, USF we had control but didnt put away.

NIU and BG we never pulled away and lost, the others seemed like we seized control, but then kinda just coasted to a win. Akron game felt over with 10 mins remaining, but we never threw the knock out punch.

Also last night I think we were robbed by a bad backcourt call and a bad travel call late, which should have been 4 CJ FTs, which would have pushed the 6 point win that got as close to 3, to a 10 point win that never got closer than 7