Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Ranking Status/Predictions

hurley

LINK: Big 4 Update: Buffalo primed to make leap in AP Poll

They’re definitely moving up, that’s a guarantee.

A bunch of teams in front of them suffered multiple losses including No. 17 Villanova, No. 18 Louisville and No. 19 Iowa State. Buffalo should jump all three of those programs.

In addition to those schools, Virginia Tech (Virginia), Iowa (Maryland) and Florida State (UNC) all lost as well. I don’t think the Bulls will pass all three of them but I definitely think it’s possibly they could jump at least one them. 

With that said, I’m projecting Buffalo to be ranked 22nd in the country in Monday’s AP Poll. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, UB92 said:

After looking at the teams and the rankings within various bracket predictions, our ceiling is probably not higher than a 5.  Perhaps if we get good traction in the pools that may put a 4 in play (i.e. MACC, gaudy record, etc.)   

It’ll be based on the NET so I agree, probably a 5 if we win out and maybe a 4 or a 6.

5 minutes ago, Jeseph said:

Which would potentially create a Mar(kus Howard)quette rematch in the next round.

I wouldn’t mind a rematch. And I love that we are in Hartford. But what’s most important is that Lunardi moved us up a seed from 7 to 6. If we win out we could potentially be as high as a 5. No lower than a 6. 

If we win out and enter the big dance as Mac regular season and tournament champs with a record of 31-3 could we be a 4 seed?

Either way it’s all right there in front of us. Keep winning.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mikescherrer8 said:

I would think a 4 seed might be too high. A 5 sounds more ideal.

I agree. But it’s not out of the realm of possibility. We are currently 16th in the Net rankings. Which equates to a 4 seed. Keep winning and we will definitely shoot up. Just a matter of how high and is the committee going to screw us.

But I agree anywhere from 5-7 is more likely.

24 minutes ago, skrabukes said:

Well, we are currently 9th in rpi if that means anything.

I'm just saying theyll use a different metric if need be to screw a mid and 'help' a power conference school. I could already see the following.... UB was only 1-1 against tourney teams. WV win wasnt as good as it initially looked. San Fran didnt make the tourney. Syracuse wasnt playing well when UB beat them. I hope we get a great seed and I'm not trying to be negative but I have such disdain for the selection committee.