Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Ranking Status/Predictions

hurley

20 hours ago, BasketBull said:

ESPN Bubble Watch just moved Buffalo from "should be in" to "lock" after our win last night.

Lock...until they aren't.    I believe nothing from what this site says, especially in the new era of the NET.

UB has to finish strong.  That starts with their next game...on the road. 

Go Bulls.

PS:  An at large bid for UB is another program milestone.  That's why, I feel, it is so important for UB to achieve this milestone.  Before you can do it consistently, you have to do it the first time.

2 hours ago, UB92 said:

Lock...until they aren't.    I believe nothing from what this site says, especially in the new era of the NET.

UB has to finish strong.  That starts with their next game...on the road. 

Go Bulls.

PS:  An at large bid for UB is another program milestone.  That's why, I feel, it is so important for UB to achieve this milestone.  Before you can do it consistently, you have to do it the first time.

I still think UB is not a lock until we would reach the conference championship without losing any remaining regular season games. If we get there without losing, and then lose in the MAC Championship, I think we get in as a ~8 seed.

3 minutes ago, mikescherrer8 said:

I still think UB is not a lock until we would reach the conference championship without losing any remaining regular season games. If we get there without losing, and then lose in the MAC Championship, I think we get in as a ~8 seed.

I think UB has to take care of business in the MAC. They can not slip against either Miami or Ohio although their overall record is not good are still teams with some good players who if get hot can cause problems. Go Bulls!!!!

5 hours ago, ubmae86 said:

I don't know if anyone else saw this article, but it is awesome! I love being talked about in the same frame of reference as Gonzaga!!

Gonzaga and Buffalo Top Mid-Majors

My one issue with this article is that is says we’ve barely been tested. I guess 10 true road victories (12 if you count neutral sites) in hostile environments means nothing. Still have two more true road games. Whoever wrote this sounds like they really haven’t followed us closely. 

• Like 1

I believe Nevada now has a quality Q1 win. Their loss tonight to Utah State will elevate Utah State in Q1. Nevada beat Utah State in Reno earlier in conference play. By losing to Utah State they actually help their own cause! Can anybody say “circular logic”?

Edited by sportscliche

6 hours ago, sportscliche said:

And now with an identical record to Buffalo in a weaker conference and weaker OOC schedule. Yet they are likely to stay higher in the polls thanks to the big head start they got at the start of the season.

I think you are quite right about that. But I do think the committee will have a hard time seeding them higher than UB unless we lose a game or two. 

8 hours ago, sportscliche said:

I believe Nevada now has a quality Q1 win. Their loss tonight to Utah State will elevate Utah State in Q1. Nevada beat Utah State in Reno earlier in conference play. By losing to Utah State they actually help their own cause! Can anybody say “circular logic”?

I’m a bit surprised by Nevada. They didn’t particularly schedule well in the non conference and in watching the game last night...lots of iso ball. No fluidity in a half court set. Shocking for a bunch of guys who are seniors.

Edited by DooleyBull06

10 minutes ago, bull_trojan said:

Houston losing at home and only falling 2 spots is a good argument for joining the AAC

UCF is a good team, I was just thinking I hope we don’t get matched up with them. Houston also only has 2 loses still.