Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Ranking Status/Predictions

hurley

I had a dream last night that UB played Gonzaga in the final four. Unfortunately we lost 151 to 150 in OT. Afterward the announcers were calling it the greatest game in the history of NCAA basketball. By the way, Harris hit a clutch 3 to send the game to OT.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, yussi1870 said:

I had a dream last night that UB played Gonzaga in the final four. Unfortunately we lost 151 to 150 in OT. Afterward the announcers were calling it the greatest game in the history of NCAA basketball. By the way, Harris hit a clutch 3 to send the game to OT.

I actually also had a dream about UB basketball last night except I was sitting in alumni for the BG game tonight and there was still 9 minutes to tip off and then I woke up. I like your dream better 

On 3/8/2019 at 12:13 PM, mikescherrer8 said:

This year's team can beat anyone in the nation on their best night. 

You mean on UB’s best night, UB can beat anyone in the nation. Not on UB’s opponent’s best night. I would say that on UB’s best night they can beat anyone but a handful of teams. How many games so far has UB played their best? The West Virginia game? Syracuse? Two or three during conference play? Let’s take them one at a time and hope that the Bulls bring their “A” game every time from here on out.

Just now, squire17 said:

You mean on UB’s best night, UB can beat anyone in the nation. Not on UB’s opponent’s best night. I would say that on UB’s best night they can beat anyone but a handful of teams. How many games so far has UB played their best? The West Virginia game? Syracuse? Two or three during conference play? Let’s take them one at a time and hope that the Bulls bring their “A” game every time from here on out.

Yes

11. Purdue - loss at minn, win at northwestern 
12. Houston - win vs SMU, at Cincy
13. Kansas - loss at Oklahoma, win vs Baylor
14. FSU - win vs VaTech, win at Wake
15. VaTech - Loss at FSU, win vs Miami
16. Marquette - loss at seton hall, loss vs georgetown
17. Nevada - win at Air Force, vs SDSU
18. K-State - win at TCU, vs Oklahoma
19. Buffalo - win at Ohio, win vs BGSU
20. Cincy - loss at UCF, vs Houston

We should jump Marquette to get to 18, how will voters view bad losses by Purdue, Kansas and VaTech? If not favorably we could get as high as 15.

Nevada is at halftime right now but assuming they win I see us moving up to 18 just jumping Marquette. It would be unfair for VT to drop far after a loss at the team right above them. If it was me I would have us, k-state, and Nevada all shift up 1 then 15 Kansas, 14 VT and 13 FSU. Not sure where that puts Purdue though 

29 minutes ago, weareub46 said:

It looks like there’s way less movement in the NET at least for the top 30. Im guessing it’s because there’s now been a full season of games to build a resume. I’d be more than happy if we can stay at our current position 

After 10 games, the needle moves 1/10th based off of the previous game, allowing for a decent swing. After 30 games, it moves 1/30th, far less swing, up or down. 

If Cincy beats Houston, they may jump us. Marquette should fall behind us. Hopefully UH can pull it out for us.

Thank you Houston. I think 18 this week, also hopefully keeps Cincy behind our line for NCAA bracket selection. 

Edited by skrabukes
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, skrabukes said:

After 10 games, the needle moves 1/10th based off of the previous game, allowing for a decent swing. After 30 games, it moves 1/30th, far less swing, up or down. 

If Cincy beats Houston, they may jump us. Marquette should fall behind us. Hopefully UH can pull it out for us.

Houston rolling late

• Like 1

Cinci was taking them to the woodshed for most of the first half. Houston went small and has kicked their butt since. Houston gonna win by 15 or so. So we do not have to worry about Cinci jumping us. It looks like the good guys will move up one spot. 

Just now, skrabukes said:

Maybe they were more stylish than some people here think. Maybe winning 9 in a row is worth something.

I think it's a combination of W-L record and other teams around us performing poorly.  I think at an objective level, we are about as good as we were the previous week.  However now that losses are piling on, how low can you keep a team that has lost a total of 3 games.

5 minutes ago, rma said:

I think it's a combination of W-L record and other teams around us performing poorly.  I think at an objective level, we are about as good as we were the previous week.  However now that losses are piling on, how low can you keep a team that has lost a total of 3 games.

>90 winning % has to be worth something with our quality non conference schedule and the 8th ranked league in NCAA.