Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Ranking Status/Predictions

hurley

Just now, Kevin said:

Everywhere has us 16-ish including the NET/ESPN Power Rankings.

What other proof do we need to be a 4? Especially winning out and earning the MAC regular season, postseason and carrying two 12 game win streaks. 

@Kevin I totally agree. On paper if we accomplish all that we should be a 4.  But what sucks is I don't think the committee will reward us that high.  I think we will get as high as a 5.  Hopefully. Can't see any lower than a 7 if we stumble in the MAC tourney.

18 seems about right, based off the last few weeks of voting. If and when we win the MAC, hopefully we jump another spot or two. Barring some 1st round debacle loss by someone right in front of us, or Wisconsin winning their league, the poll shouldn't move much next week. By then, it's survive-and-advance anyhow!

Pretty awesome being ranked week in and week out. Just damn amazing!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BullsFan14 said:

Absolutely incredible season. 18 weeks in the Top 25 (a hard accomplishment in itself) and to finish at 18. 

We have been so spoiled this year. I am not sure what happens next year, but lets focus on Cleveland for now!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kevin said:

Depth will not be an issue.  The future is bright next season and beyond. The key is off season growth and development from the returning players and integration from the transfers and JUCOs.  It will be very interesting to see the lineup combos and rotation next year. I expect a slow start but by late February into March next year we could be right there for the MAC tournament.