Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Ranking Status/Predictions

hurley

6 hours ago, Jeseph said:

This is something that I'm starting to come to terms with. We've all been along for the ride for years - the average fan hasn't. As much as we want instant sellouts, we're still building in the minds of many new fans.

I think we're going to enjoy one of those best years we've had in terms of public support/attendance and buzz. The AD(epartment) is doing it's job, winning, raising profile and maintaining academic standards. We're going to become hard to ignore soon.

I do agree with many of the opinions on the popularity of the basketball programs. It took the last 4/5 years of success to start getting more people interested in UB sports.  The media interest has increased. 1270 the Bucky and Sully show is talking about UB on a consistent basis. WGR is still just a Bills and Sabres show especially with one of the morning guys wanting to talk about Syracuse basketball instead of UB because he went to Syracuse!!!! The UB admin. Has to continue to keep their foot on the gas on promoting UB sports and hope the sports culture starts to change in our favor. We have to exercise patience and in the meantime enjoy the ride. Go Bulls!!!!!

10 minutes ago, BrooklynBull said:

When did UB not promote itself?

Did not mean that they have not but just with the increased exposure and success I am hoping for even more of increased importance on promoting the overall UB sport experience. Of course the fans have to buy into the sports experience with their attendance at games. Go Bulls!!!

4 hours ago, John said:

I do agree with many of the opinions on the popularity of the basketball programs. It took the last 4/5 years of success to start getting more people interested in UB sports.  The media interest has increased. 1270 the Bucky and Sully show is talking about UB on a consistent basis. WGR is still just a Bills and Sabres show especially with one of the morning guys wanting to talk about Syracuse basketball instead of UB because he went to Syracuse!!!! The UB admin. Has to continue to keep their foot on the gas on promoting UB sports and hope the sports culture starts to change in our favor. We have to exercise patience and in the meantime enjoy the ride. Go Bulls!!!!!

Jeremy White is a tool.  Howard Simon thankfully will at least acknowledge there is a good D1 program in Amherst from time to time.  

On 12/11/2018 at 10:07 PM, UBigbobby said:

Jeremy White is a tool.  Howard Simon thankfully will at least acknowledge there is a good D1 program in Amherst from time to time.  

WGR better be talking UB/Syracuse leading up to Tuesday. You know you can always call or tweet WGR to get the hosts to talk about the game. You have the power to drive the conversation.

I just got the ball rolling. Feel free to chime in.

Edited by promotherobot

No surprise in not moving up. Really going to be interested next week depending on how this plays out. 

2-0: would probably put us Top 10

1-1 beating Marquette: would keep us around 14 

1-1 beating Cuse: would probably drop us 5-10 spots

0-2: would knock us out of the Top 25

(These are all my gut feelings with little to no research behind them)

Edited by SGBull
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, SGBull said:

No surprise in not moving up. Really going to be interested next week depending on how this plays out. 

1-1 beating Cuse: would probably drop us a 5-10 spots

Seems pretty accurate to me. Let's make history!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SGBull said:

1-1 beating Cuse: would probably drop us a 5-10 spots

This sounds about right. 

• Like 1

I would agree with this.

If you beat Syracuse you can absorb a Marquette loss IMO and probably be ranked 20-25. 0-2 with close scores keeps us in the 26-30 area. 0-2 with blowouts probably loses you most of the voters who just check box scores quick.

Looks like we also held #15 in coaches poll

Also... regardless of how long it lasts, I love being ahead of Arizona State as well :)

• 3 weeks later...

I will say 19 or 18.

Every week we don't lose we should move up a spot or two.

If we ever lose, we will likely drop 10 spots.   Thus, my guess is we'd have to get through January w/o a conference loss to allow us to lose and still stay in the poll.

It is what it is -- the life of the mid-major.

We can either try to change the system or join the system.  And you can't change the system -- too much money involved and not enough interest.  Thus, if you want change, you have to join the system.  We need to be attractive in football and basketball now...and for the next few years.  Being in the public eye because of our ranking is a good thing.  Tyree Jackson declaring for the draft and being an "above the fold" story is a good thing. 

Go Bulls.

19, 20, 18, 17, 16, 10........matters not. The fact that we're ranked is superb for the coaches, the team, the university, the community and great for recruiting. And the most important matter is what takes place at practice, staying fit both physically and mentally, not succumbing to press clippings and to take care of business each day, every practice and one game at a time. Go Bulls!

• Like 2