Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Chanse Robinson leaves team.

1 minute ago, clodney said:

Whitesell really seems to have control here...

That's not really a fully fair statement, but I knew it'd be mentioned. Nate (and others before him) had issues too, Moss, Quate, etc. Sadly, it happens and while I'm not happy with it either, I can't put full blame on the coach as he can only do so much in the end. It's super disheartening though, total gut punch.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, UBlearns said:

Anyone have the article not behind a paywall?

A former Lincoln Preparatory School basketball star has been arrested on three counts of second degree kidnapping, one count of battery of a dating partner and one count of aggravated assault upon a dating partner.

Deputies with the Lincoln Parish Sheriff ’s Office arrested Chanse Emil Robinson, 19, shortly after 12:30 p.m. Saturday at the intersection of Highway 167 South and Harper Bottom Road in Ruston.

According to an investigator working the case with LPSO, Robinson allegedly committed a battery of a juvenile ex-girlfriend at his residence before making her get in a car and driving to a location where another battery occurred.

Robinson reportedly drove the ex-girlfriend back to his residence, placed another two juvenile females that were friends of the exgirlfriend in the car and drove off again.

The investigator said after an amount of time, the females were able to grab the attention of adults and were found safe.

As of Monday afternoon, the investigation was still ongoing and could not be commented on further by the LPSO. Robinson was being held in the Lincoln Parish Detention Center on a bond that had yet to be set.

Robinson was a twotime All-State point guard and was one of the University of Buffalo’s first signees of the 2020 class. A former four-star recruit by ESPN, Robinson is no longer found on the Bulls’ roster for the 2020-21 season and his biography page has been removed from the university’s athletics website.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ChubbyHubby said:

Robinson left the team about 2 weeks before the incident.  How is this incident looking bad on Coach Whitesell?  As far as Zachery, it certainly isn't a good look, but if he's back with the team, something must have developed, or he'd be off the team and out of school.

I didn't realize that Chanse left the team before the incident. Either way, it still reflects poorly on coaching when they bring in guys that get involved in stabbings, batteries, and kidnappings. I don't care if it happens before or after their time at UB. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, clodney said:

I didn't realize that Chanse left the team before the incident. Either way, it still reflects poorly on coaching when they bring in guys that get involved in stabbings, batteries, and kidnappings. I don't care if it happens before or after their time at UB. 

They aren't psychics.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, clodney said:

Before I understand. But after is a bit tougher to forecast...

Just sad what these kids are getting into.  Stabbings and kidnappings, what the hell is wrong with them.  I'm all for people getting the help they need and second chances (no pun intended) but this is addition by subtraction.  I understand he left the team before this happened but our program is still mentioned when this gets brought up and that is not the way I want our name mentioned.  Anyways, it seems like both parties have moved on.  Just didn't  like our school being dragged into it.

• 3 months later...
On 4/14/2021 at 11:40 AM, RecoveringHillbilly said:

Transferred to Grambling State per Jeff Goodman. Not a shock he went home, I can't see how he gets out of his legal trouble near term. But if he ends up on the court again I won't be a shock if he tries to transfer up in the future.

Sounds like a great home and home for us

• 7 months later...
On 4/14/2021 at 11:40 AM, RecoveringHillbilly said:

Transferred to Grambling State per Jeff Goodman. Not a shock he went home, I can't see how he gets out of his legal trouble near term. But if he ends up on the court again I won't be a shock if he tries to transfer up in the future.

Grambling isn’t so hot this year so far

• 1 month later...