Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Clodney and I are going to Detroit... who's coming with us?

Hokie200proof

T.H.O.T. = that ho over there.

n. 1) derogatory term for a promiscuous, fallacious or otherwise sexually permissive woman. 2) a woman who uses her looks or sexually suggestive behavior to call attention to herself, especially when appearing on twitch.tv.

"Hokie slayed so many THOTs before and after that away game in Athens, he needs a tentenus booster straight to the balls"

Clodney and I are enroute.  BJR, ver, chubbs, PM me (if that's still a feature?) for my cell.  Would like to meet up at some point, but plans for tmr are unclear atm. 

Also working on a special MAC CHAMPIONSHIP edition of a new Two Minutes Hate on the plane.  Should be ready soon.

Edited by Hokie200proof

21 minutes ago, Hokie200proof said:

Clodney and I are enroute.  BJR, ver, chubbs, PM me (if that's still a feature?) for my cell.  Would like to meet up at some point, but plans for tmr are unclear atm. 

Also working on a special MAC CHAMPIONSHIP edition of a new Two Minutes Hate on the plane.  Should be ready soon.

I cant figure out the new message system....

V-man and I and others are going to be at Detroit Beer Co., 1529 Broadway St , probably 3-3:30ish, at least thats what we are shooting for.  There will be others as well, plus the gentleman at Detroit Beer Co. is fully aware to expect UB fans showing up tomorrow....

1 hour ago, rma said:

V-man or anybody else - any experience with which border crossing would typically be better: Port Huron or Detroit-Windsor? Google Maps shows the same time to Detroit for both. Thinking Port Huron right now

I have traveled both routes on numerous occasions. Everything being equal it is probably 6 to one half dozen the other. The Blue Water Bridge at Port Huron can get terribly backed up with traffic. If you have nexus then not much of a problem. If you don't you can be caught there up to 30-45 minutes. I haven't traveled the Ambassador Bridge or tunnel nearly as much, but I don't ever recall a problem getting across into the US. As they say your experience may vary. Good luck.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rma said:

V-man or anybody else - any experience with which border crossing would typically be better: Port Huron or Detroit-Windsor? Google Maps shows the same time to Detroit for both. Thinking Port Huron right now

Port Huron is less fuss...and the road down to Detroit isn't bad; we did it last weekend for shopping/game at BGSU.  Ironically, Dar and I will do Ambassador Bridge this time (we have a hotel booked in Windsor for postgame).  Easy and short run north on I-75 to Ford Field.  Lots of construction around Detroit on I-75....shouldn't be an issue though.

• Thanks 1

We usually use Sarnia - Port Huron.  But then again, we're normally heading North to Mackinac.  It's about an hour on 402 once you get to London.  Usually not much traffic on 402.   For Ford Field, I think it wouldn't matter much at all.  I agree with UB85 regarding the backup on Blue Water Bridge.  If you have Nexus though, I believe that would be the way to go.  There's a designated Nexus lane all the way across the bridge.  You can pass them like they're standing still.  That's because they often are.   Great view from the bridge toward the North.  

1 hour ago, ChubbyHubby said:

We usually use Sarnia - Port Huron.  But then again, we're normally heading North to Mackinac.  It's about an hour on 402 once you get to London.  Usually not much traffic on 402.   For Ford Field, I think it wouldn't matter much at all.  I agree with UB85 regarding the backup on Blue Water Bridge.  If you have Nexus though, I believe that would be the way to go.  There's a designated Nexus lane all the way across the bridge.  You can pass them like they're standing still.  That's because they often are.   Great view from the bridge toward the North.  

I'll be one of those guys you'll be passing.  My Chase card gives me free TSA Pre Check ($85) or Global Entry ($100), but does not include free Nexus ($50, which includes TSA Pre Check).  I'm starting to think just paying the $50 will be worth it.

2 hours ago, rma said:

I'll be one of those guys you'll be passing.  My Chase card gives me free TSA Pre Check ($85) or Global Entry ($100), but does not include free Nexus ($50, which includes TSA Pre Check).  I'm starting to think just paying the $50 will be worth it.

It absolutely would be.  I've had Nexus for about 15 years now.  I thought it was $75, but I'm not certain.  Well worth the price.  With Nexus, I believe we also have Global Entry.  We don't do much travel outside the U.S. and Canada, but last Spring we went to Punta Cana and we bypassed some long lines.

When we play together we win and lose, live and die together, and man oooohhhh man that was a tough one yesterday.  But, it wasn't all bad.  Got to see most of you there and it was awesome meeting you guys in person.  V-man, let me know when you and the wife want to revisit Lane.  Chubbs, it was great meeting you and Red, you've snagged a great one... was somewhat disappointed to find out I'm chubbier than ChubbyHubby, but a small price to pay to meet great folks like you.  Same goes for everyone else at Beer Co. last night.

Hope we can do it again next year.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1