Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

#21 UB vs. San Francisco - Belfast Classic (12/01 - 10:30am ET)

Jeseph

Mcraes two treys were huge as mentioned. It was at the right time of the game for that.

A bit scary late but CJ clutch from the FT line

We all figured a tough game here and it was that. Great win for a deep team that didn't even need CJ until right at the end.

If we had cleaned up the FTs a bit we could have had some separation in the score.

Either way would be fun to see us ranked in the teens coming up with an easy week. Not sure why we have LeMoyne on the schedule. Would have preferred a D1 team if nothing else you could have put Niagara in there.

Even with the weak opponent I haven't gotten to a game yet this year and I need to see them in person while ranked or I wont live with myself! 

1 hour ago, weareub46 said:

Seriously why do we play lemoyne now?? What are up with that scheduling? I wouldn’t call Bonnie’s on Saturday an “easy week” though even if they aren’t off to a great start. That place is going to be hard to get out of with a win no matter what. 

In order to get a home game. They can’t get anyone to play at AA. That’s one of the reasons while they’re playing home and home with SIU. 

32 minutes ago, weareub46 said:

Is it just scheduling issues that they can’t get someone to play at AA? 

No. No one will play here, and I’d assume UB isn’t in the business of buying games. No one wants to come to AA and get blown out for free. Big schools don’t have enough to gain. Ultimate lose-lose 

10 hours ago, weareub46 said:

Seriously why do we play lemoyne now?? What are up with that scheduling? I wouldn’t call Bonnie’s on Saturday an “easy week” though even if they aren’t off to a great start. That place is going to be hard to get out of with a win no matter what. 

We are returning from Ireland, do you really want to play any team even with the slightest chance of losing the first game back. Personally I liked the scheduling. Time to readjust is important.

I would strongly assume that Lemoyne at home is a way to keep the guys game ready prior to visiting Olean.  

Then it is a week off (finals?) before the challenging back half of December.

SIU in a home and home is an acknowledgement by both schools that they can't get any good teams to come to their gym.  But that is a known and won't change until those programs are negatively impacted by the NET rankings.  I know this is a little off topic, but until a school (P5 or not) gets an at large bid who is not even in Lunardi's next four out (but has a high NET for playing true road tests) at the expense of a 16 - 13 "blue blood", nothing will change.  I want to hear those snobs like Bilas and his ilk (once this happens) screech on TV only for the selection committee to explain (ad infinitum) about true road games.

But...in the meantime...we have an SIU/UB home and home.

• Like 1

On 11/30/2018 at 1:40 PM, DonSolo96 said:

Dons fan here, just checking in. I expect this to be a great game as well. Love to have a crack at at Top-25 program like yours to gauge just where we really are right now. USF biggest strengths so far have been defense and team rebounding. They are a very well-coached team that tends to minimize mistakes, especially at the PG position, where Frankie Ferrari has a very high assist-to-turnover ratio. They are a tough group to rattle, that's for sure.

A quick rundown of the starters:

Frankie Ferrari (PG) - As mentioned, doesn't make a lot of mistakes (9 assist, 2 turnovers in today's win). Will drop at least one assist a game that makes you go "ooooohh"

Charles Minlend (SG) - Probably the most talented overall player on the team. Can be streaky.  Has a great nose for finding ways to score.  You will look at the box score at the end of a game and think, "where did those points come from."

Jordan Ratinho (SG) - Fantastic three-point shooter. Usually guards the other team's best perimeter guy. A real lunchbox kind of player

Nate Renfro (F) - An incredible dunker. Likes to shoot threes too, although he doesn't shoot a high percentage. Great defender/rebounder. Insanely athletic. Terrible FT shooter

Jimbo Lull (C) - Slow as hell, but has improved his game considerably this season, causing teams a lot of problems in the paint. Splits minutes in the post with Matt McCarthy, who is a wily veteran that has a lot of moves around the basket.

Good luck tomorrow!

That was probably the toughest game UB played so far, save maybe for WVU. Lucky we came out on top.

On ‎12‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 8:33 AM, MillenniumBull said:

We are returning from Ireland, do you really want to play any team even with the slightest chance of losing the first game back. Personally I liked the scheduling. Time to readjust is important.

When did the team get back.  It will take a few days to adjust to the time change.  That 5 AM game wasn't just hard on the fans.