Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Another CJ Massinburg (CJ Buckets) Appreciation Thread

Jeseph

• 4 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, Jeseph said:

Nice, comprehensive breakdown of CJ (as a potential pro prospect)

http://www.professionalbasketballcombine.com/news/mid-major-big-game-cj-massinburg

It says G-League, summer invite (and not being drafted).  My son and I were speaking about this recently and we both felt he would not be drafted, but would be someone who would get a summer invite (because of his profile).  If he has a stellar next two months, I could see him sneaking into the end of the second round.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This came across my mind last night while looking at the players banners hanging from the rafters at AA. What does it take to get that honor and how long after playing are you eligible? I would think that would have to be more than just a UB Athletic Hall of Fame induction otherwise I'd expect to see more names up there.

As someone who came in as a freshman in 02-03 Turner Battle would be the first name I would expect to see up there from my personal memory. I would expect to someday see CJ up there,.

2 hours ago, Jeseph said:

Another nice article on CJ with interviews with Nate and Was Clark. Just shows what can happen if your path results in going to a college and finding the right mix and chemistry. CJ having the athletic ability and having the right mental makeup can make all the difference. Thinking back on kids paths and how it changes with two kids. James Reese who never seemed to be comfortable here but is playing for Odessa Community Collete in Texas and is averaging 17 a game and how about Maurice O’Field who left with Bobby Hurley at Arizona State. He never had any impact there at all and not sure what all his problems were. He ended up leaving and playing at Nichols State. Just never know how it is going to turn out for these kids. Go Bulls!!!

C

Id love to see CJ get this. Ive been slowly trying to predict when it could happen. Sadly I think even with a good run he could fall short. He really hasn't had to fill it up this year being on a more balanced team.

One of my favorite memories of CJ was his freshman year in a crap game at home against Ohio where we lost by probably 20, he dropped 36 pts. Despite the loss it was one of the most enjoyable performances Ive watched at UB by any player. He was driving hard to the bucket, making wicked shots, off balance etc. I remember telling people around me this guy is going to be the real deal despite not being the biggest name on the team yet.

Its definitely not a bad thing at all, but Im not sure I would have thought that game way back when in his frosh year would have been his 2 highest scoring game outside of the OT WVU game this year. Obviously shows hes been on good teams in his 4 years the scoring totals arent as relevant.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Im probably too greedy this season with all the bucket list things I wanted to see from UB in my life time getting checked off this year.

But one of the next ones Ive always wanted was a UB player drafted in the modern NBA. 

CJ has a chance, probably as a late 2nd rounder, but anything, even the last pick would be amazing. 

March is where a lot of this can be decided as well. If he has an outstanding 2-3 games I can see him find a spot late on draft boards.

At the start of the year I thought Harris was the most likely. He has the NBA game but he just needed that confident dominant conference season that he didn't have at all.

• Like 1