Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Bowl game: Dollar General Bowl vs Troy

rma

Congrats to the team.  I’ve never watched any of the Mobile Bowl games over the years (except some of the Senior Bowl) so I guess I’m tuning in for the full Mobile experience on TV!  Unfortunately I can’t go.

Don't know anything about the men of Troy but we’d better come out and beat them.  UB should play fast, loose and have some fun. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/13/2018 at 11:45 AM, zigo230 said:

And now the important stuff.  The players gift swag bag info.

https://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2018/12/10/Colleges/Bowl-Game-Gifts.aspx

This is what it says it will give:   Yamaha sound bar with built-in subwoofer; Timely Watch Co. watch; Maui Jim sunglasses; Wilson game ball

However, I have been to Dollar General many, many times.  My guess is that they get they get the following:

• Three pack of holiday wrapping paper (35 square feet each).  $3.
  • Three 12-packs of Coke products (on sale for $10.00).
  • A package of Rubbermaid "TakeAlongs", 3 pack.
  • A 12-pack of bungee cords (assorted sizes)
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Jeseph pinned this topic

Starting to get pumped a bit more for this game. Had to forget the title game and luckily the mens BB team helped with that for a bit.

Had we never won a MAC title before Id probably still be devastated at this point. But as much as I still wanted that (and the way he it happened), I wanted the bowl win more this year. I like this matchup and the bowl. I also enjoy it being fairly close to Xmas. Never liked the idea of being one of the first games played during the week. Although it was pretty cool going to our first bowl game in person right before the title game.

Again lets get this W, would love to cap off a very good season with our first bowl win

• Like 1

That ending wasn’t fun. 10-4 is great but feels hallow when they lose 3 of the last 4.  Ohio was a butt whoopin, NIU the big 2nd half collapse, then tonight completely outplayed and outcoached in the 2nd half.  Troy had more energy and speed. 

Edited by zigo230

The MAC went 1-5 in bowl games.  This conference is an absolute embarrassment at football.  

Congrats to us for being the 2nd best team in clearly the worst conference in college football. 

Also, Jackson's regression throughout the year has been absolutely staggering.  This team is a soulless paper tiger like their coach.  

For as much as I love the basketball team and their heart, and attitude, and collection of personalities (and coach), I dislike this football team just as much.  Blow out crap FCS and MAC teams and when they face anything resembling a real test the wheels fall off.

Edited by UBigbobby
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, rma said:

We beat 8-4 Temple

Yes. And scandal ridden 5-7 Maryland beat Big 12 finalist 9-4 Texas too. I said blow out though.  They beat Temple by a touchdown.  Good win for sure, but when this team faced real tests that would take them to the next level, they pretty consistently choked.  Army.  Ohio, NIU, Troy.  Listen, I'm not making this up.  I was on a flight a few days after the MAC championship loss with Lance Leipold.  A few passengers and I were talking to him on the jetbridge waiting for our bags for a bit and he brought up how his team needs to a find a way to be more resilient and learn how to play up for big games.  He pointed out himself without prompting how they had a chance to be ranked, then looked like dogshit (my words) vs Army to blow that chance.  Again were getting votes and could have been ranked and got their shit handed to them (my words again) vs. Ohio.  Similar thing vs NIU.  This team needs to borrow some of that grit and resliency that the hoops team has because when their backs are up against the wall, they run away crying.

Edited by UBigbobby
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, MKBullsfan said:

Tyree needs another year in college. Dude needs to be more aware in the pocket and when to throw it away on the run. 

It’s not just that. His accuracy just drifts away for long stretches. That fade pass to AJ on 3rd down late in the game (where AJ hurt his elbow) , was an example of a complete garbage pass that had no chance to be caught inbounds. 

26 minutes ago, zigo230 said:

It’s not just that. His accuracy just drifts away for long stretches. That fade pass to AJ on 3rd down late in the game (where AJ hurt his elbow) , was an example of a complete garbage pass that had no chance to be caught inbounds. 

You’re right. Accuracy is definitely an issue. Many throws that he’s completed were jump balls. He needs to improve accuracy the most and hit players in stride. Also, He has decent running skills but that wont save him at the next level. Hope he stays and works on getting better.