Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Bowl game: Dollar General Bowl vs Troy

rma

After the 2nd half of the season that Jackson put up, he almost has to stay at UB.  I don't think he's draftable anymore.  He has the raw tools and potential to be drafted, but he shit the bed pretty bad at key times and honestly, in some areas have regressed.  Declaring for the draft would be a massive mistake on his part.  

13 minutes ago, UBigbobby said:

After the 2nd half of the season that Jackson put up, he almost has to stay at UB.  I don't think he's draftable anymore.  He has the raw tools and potential to be drafted, but he shit the bed pretty bad at key times and honestly, in some areas have regressed.  Declaring for the draft would be a massive mistake on his part.  

One of the reporters that follows UB says he will most likely transfer to a P5 school for his final season.  he can do this as a graduate transfer and it’s been in the works for a while.  There’s a small possibility he could stay at UB or go pro, but that would be an upset. 

MAC has always been a (the) bottom football conference, Im not sure what that has to really do with anything. Been that way for the nearly 20 years following this program.

Very tough last 2 games. Both games Tyree had the ball with a chance to drive down the field and win it at the end. We couldn't even get in FG range against NIU and tonight he couldn't just tuck or run. I just wanted a bowl win honestly. It was certainly the closest we have played in the 3, but doesn't do much

You can nitpick the wins but the Bulls had a very good season overall. 10-4 which included 2 brutal losses right at the end. The Ohio game letdown more so felt like Cats wanted it more. There really wasn't whole lot separating us from being 12-2. Tyree simply makes an extra pass in the NIU game on the last drive, we get a FG try to win. This game we are down 3, with momentum. If he simply makes the decision to run there, who knows. FG to tie or TD to win on likely the final drive.

Its just hard to really embrace the season with the final minutes of both games, but program definitely has made great strides the last 2 years. Last year was tough mainly because of how close the losses were. Like 30ish points total in the losses combined. This year they took care of business in most games. They weren't a perfect team and people who are let down were set up by these expectations of this being a juggernaut team. No. We had some huge pieces but football isn't just 3 players (Hodge, TJ, AJ). You could see the teams deficiencies most of the season especially on the defense as a whole and their inability to stop big plays through the air.

As for Tyree, I agree that he ends up P5 at least for final year. I was thinking the same route. But of course Id like to see him finish up at UB. Hes got all the measurables to be a good pro QB, just needs to polish the mental side more. He needs to lose the indecision and he'll be fine.

Wish AJ could have had a better finish but the scouts know what hes got. Senior Bowl and Pro Day will be his test for draft positioning. Im excited to see him in the NFL and hoping he sneaks back into the first round.

10 hours ago, xDerekRx said:

Wish AJ could have had a better finish but the scouts know what hes got. Senior Bowl and Pro Day will be his test for draft positioning. Im excited to see him in the NFL and hoping he sneaks back into the first round.

I really think AJ after his hamstring injury was in protect-his-body mode.  Last night it was apparent all his patterns were away from contact. Sideline patterns where he could catch, run, and waltz out of bounds, fade passes where it was a catch or overthrow....nothing over the middle where he would get blasted. Maybe that’s why Nunn was targeted more.

But like you said, he’s a known quantity, an NFL pick...and we’re probably fortunate he even decided to suit up for the DGB.

Edited by zigo230

On 12/23/2018 at 1:03 PM, zigo230 said:

I really think AJ after his hamstring injury was in protect-his-body mode.  Last night it was apparent all his patterns were away from contact. Sideline patterns where he could catch, run, and waltz out of bounds, fade passes where it was a catch or overthrow....nothing over the middle where he would get blasted. Maybe that’s why Nunn was targeted more.

But like you said, he’s a known quantity, an NFL pick...and we’re probably fortunate he even decided to suit up for the DGB.

Yeah I'd agree with that as well. Honestly 75 percent of the year AJ was not at full. It's too bad as I loved watching him play last year when he was healthy. 

That said scouts know all they need to. It's like James Starks missing his entire senior year and getting still drafted. People know what you have 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone pay attention to the fact Troy's coach Neal Brown is the new head coach of West Virginia?  He makes the jump from a G5 program to the big time.  I was impressed with the job he did in the DGB.  Halftime adjustments, coming out with the on-sides kick and controlling the entire 3rd Qtr.  That won em the game.  I thought they out-coached the UB staff in that game.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, zigo230 said:

Anyone pay attention to the fact Troy's coach Neal Brown is the new head coach of West Virginia?  He makes the jump from a G5 program to the big time.  I was impressed with the job he did in the DGB.  Halftime adjustments, coming out with the on-sides kick and controlling the entire 3rd Qtr.  That won em the game.  I thought they out-coached the UB staff in that game.  

We lost to 4 teams:
2 seem to be lifers (Ohio, Army)
the other 2 went to a better job...and a guy we outcoached got a P5 job too...
Temple - Ga Tech
Troy - W. Virginia
NIU - Temple

• Thanks 1

• Jeseph unpinned this topic